Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Any thoughts on making the official non-stick recommendation that 2pack Calphalon? It seems to make sense to me given the lifetime warranty. Even with careful use, the T-fal fails after a couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

What are you guys doing to your nonstick, that you just assume it'll be ruined after a few years? I have a cheap Farberware and it's lasted 10+ years. I hardly babysit it, either -- I just don't use metal tools or the green scrubby side of the sponge.

I'm not talking about ruining it, but the degradation of effectiveness of the non-stick is really obvious. I used the word 'fails' purposefully. My expectation is to be able to make sunnyside eggs without oil without any sticking.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I didn't have scratches on mine when I binned it for what it's worth. It just annoyed me one too many times with a layer of egg that unstuck only after cooling.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I use cast iron on my glass top. Never had a problem with it.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

if you eat a lot of rice the zojirushi.

Agreed... I have both and I can't live without my Zoji. No, I can't make oxtail in under an hour without it, but I can just smack that poo poo in my dutch oven morning of and come out fine. I don't often care about shortening the time to make stuff that I do in my Instant Pot.

But I'm Asian and eat tonssss of rice. I have the Umami Zojirushi and it makes the most amazing umami white rice and GABA brown rice. I made 3 dry cups worth of brown rice the other day for onigiri, and my two brothers ate the whole pot. I can make this poo poo in an instant pot or on the stove, but they take so much work out of it and it's more of a regular day thing. It also keeps rice edible in the pot over a couple days if it's just my husband and I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Powder. Liquid is a scam.