Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

poverty goat posted:

Have you guys ever noticed that mobile recipe websites are the worst? loving ads and popups everwhere resisting your quest to read a goddamn recipe?

I recently started using pi hole to block ads on every device on my home network. The jist of it is that it serves as a DNS server for your network, and any requests for addresses that are in public adblock databases never make it out of your network. Thus it works on phones and tablets as long as they're using your wifi. It's nice everywhere but it really pays dividends on the mobile versions of recipe websites, which i assume you guys agree are the worst. All of a sudden recipe sites just load fast without all the bullshit and I can read the recipe right away! Wow!

It's fairly easy to set up as nerd poo poo like this goes, which is to say you'd probably have to install raspbian on a raspberry pi, then log in to it, give it a static ip, run one command to install pi-hole, and then log into your router and change one thing. e: also note that you can not do this with a raspberry pie

Is this an ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU