Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Since you’re worried about storage, I live in a 350 square foot studio with a coil top electric stove (surprisingly not terrible) and I have, in some ikea shelves and my built in cabinets:

Stainless sauce pan, 9 inches
Stainless small sauce pot, the ikea 365 one (1.5 quarts?)
Stainless stock pot, 4 quart
Carbon steel flat bottom wok, bottom is 9 inches and obviously the top is wider
8.5 quart stainless steel stovetop pressure cooker that can double as a giant stock pot (includes a steamer insert)

Roasting pan with accruements, lives in oven
Baking sheet, two square pans, muffin pan, fancy pie pan, loaf pans, also live in oven

Tiered bamboo steamer
Stainless steel steamer that folds up (I like steaming okay)
Stainless steel cooking utensils I got as a set from ikea (ladle, spoon, spatula, pasta thing), tongs, wok spatula - these are on a magnetic strip on my fridge
Wooden spoon, silicone spatula, whisk, cooking chopsticks, spider, timer, can opener, the thing that you use to spread sauces over meat, cup and spoon measures, meat thermometer, dough cutter - one drawer
Three knives (paring, vegetable cleaver, meat cleaver), kitchen shears, and sharpening tools - another drawer
Stainless steel bowls that stack and nest in different sizes
Molcajete, grater that comes apart, funnels, strainer with small mesh holes, rolling pin, silicone baking sheet, 3 cutting boards, liquid measuring cup - on a kitchen cart shelf
Baking scale
Bunch of tupperwares

And that’s it! :yayclod: You can get a lot done with not too much in terms of equipment. Maybe I’ll splurge and get a fish spatula

Edit: in terms of appliances, I have a rice cooker and small food processor, the former gets much more use, microwave is built in

Mecca-Benghazi fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

The wok shape is very useful even on my crappy apartment electric stove. More room for things and you do get some temperature control with the walls

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

This is the measuring cup set I have, it's stainless and has debossed measurements - https://www.crateandbarrel.com/stainless-steel-measuring-cups-set-of-4/s606411

There's also apparently a similar set with odd sizes that I think I'll pick up :eyepop:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

SubG posted:

Have you tested them for accuracy and if so, how'd they do?

I never tested them when I got them :sweatdrop: I have done things like use the quarter cup to fill the one cup and it lined up. I can measure with water and weigh in grams in a few days but I'm not at home currently

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Costco sells little tiramisu portions that come in glass cups with a plastic lid and I saved the cups and use one for a salt cellar :shobon:

It's transparent, easy to clean, and the lid is easy to remove and comes all the way off, what more do you need :colbert:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I have the crate and barrel one and made some excellent pie crust this week, but it really just is a tapered hunk of wood so brand probably doesn't matter too much

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I use the ikea mineral oil they sell near the cutting boards. I wouldn't make a special trip just for it, but I'm there once a year or so anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I'll second Fissler, it also doubles as a nice stock pot