Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Is there a huge difference in quality between different brands of teflon-coated frying pans, and if so, any recommendations? Are cast iron pans better or worse than those for frequent use?

I cook for me and my partner (who is trying to bulk so he eats a lot) multiple times a day and I tend to use the same small frying pan for most meals that don't involve the oven/a pot/a wok. I just bought a cheap one from Kroger a couple of months ago and it's already a piece of poo poo that fried eggs stick to in the morning, despite a generous coat of butter. I promise I am not routinely burning poo poo in it or scrubbing it with brillo pads that scratch the coat or anything. If there isn't much difference in quality, is it just using it 3 times a day that's wearing it out quick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU