Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I'm looking to get my girlfriend a new vegetable slicer. She wants to be able to slice things really thin and while its pretty easy to find decent ones on amazon I want to get her the best slicer money can buy. I realize this is probably a stupid question but can anyone recommend a good one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Steve Yun posted:

In the faq in the op we recommend the Bron slicer, restaurants have been using this workhorse for decades and it's $140:
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Stainless-Steel-Mandolin-Slicer/dp/B0001BMZ38

This looks awesome! Is there any tool I can get to ensure she doesn't cut herself on the slicer, I know a lot of cheaper slicers come with like a "cover handle" to slice the veggies/fruits with but not endanger cutting your hands.

I'm an idiot ignore me. Thanks for the suggestion!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

1redflag posted:

Also, even with the guard, use a terry cloth kitchen towel for extra protection (props to chef cuisinart for this tip, btw). As another poster stated in the previous thread, the mandolin demands blood and will not rest until it has tasted it.

I picked up some of those cut proof gloves too!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I've recently re-realized my love for smoothies and the fact that I can trick my body into eating veggies/fruits that way.

Anyone have any recommendations for a really simple smoothie maker/blender? I do not own a blender and quite frankly I don't see myself blending much other than using one occasionally for smoothies.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Has anyone earnestly tried an air fryer? How does it compare and do you think its a suitable replacement for a man like myself who enjoys fried things but doesn't want to die in a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I'm looking fora grill with drip tray like in this picture:

But unfortunately everything I look for that is like this is more like a broiling pan, where the tray is actually surrounding the grill with high walls. This makes it tough for what I want it for (searing with a torch) so I was hoping to find someting very very similar to what is in the image. (It is part of a searing kit but I don't need the torch/its no longer available anyway).

Any suggestions?