Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Discussion Quorum posted:

Re: cats, I have "owned" two cats who gave zero shits about foil (a not insignificant portion of the total number of cats I have served had)

What did work was a product called Ssscat, basically an air duster with a motion sensor on top. It's pricey but more effective and less annoying than a screeching alarm.

yeah the scat-can worked for me too. There are also some zap mats which sound cruel but with my cat I only had to leave it on for a week and then just laid it out turned off after that and it worked just as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I use Maldon salt as a finishing salt and a salt for salads. Otherwise yeah diamond kosher evvvry day for everything else.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Eccles posted:

I’ve used a Spyderco Sharpmaker to maintain my kitchen knives for maybe 15 years. Works fine. Easy to use. No big deal. It gets the job done with minimal fuss.

This is the one I use too.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

alnilam posted:

Built in or standalone?

Built-in wise I've been happy with my GE Profile (30") for its price, but then again it's not like i bought and tried a bunch of them

I’ve got the same and I’m only meh on it. It’s a huge upgrade from electric, but I don’t like the touch controls and I feel like the whine at full power is annoying. Also, sometimes the pan detectors get all glitchy on mine.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

does anyone have a waffle-maker they love?