Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone have a recommendation on a food mill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Test Pattern posted:

The OXO mill is loving amazing, but is $50 http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Food-Mill/dp/B000I0MGKE
Of the competitors, all about half the price, I think the http://www.amazon.com/Weston-61-0101-W-Food-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000T3HWR2 is the only one I've used and it's pretty good, but the OXO is honestly worth the markup (as usual).

I think I'll put the OXO on camelcamelcamel to watch for a deal. It's not an urgent need so I can wait for a sale. Thanks!

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I had a measuring cup that perfectly fit my immersion blender (I think it came with it) for making mayos and such that I seemed to have lost in a move. Anyone have a recommendation for a tall, narrow, clear measuring cup that would just fit the head of the blender (2.5 inches)?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

angor posted:

Empty jam jar! Make mayo directly in it, throw the lid on and put it in the fridge.

I like the idea but what jars are the right width to allow the emulsification (maybe a widemouth mason jar?)? From my understanding, in jars that are too wide the emulsion won't form.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

He wants a measuring cup. With measurements on it.

I think this is the same cup that came with my cuisinart stick blender.

Cuisinart CSB-77MC Mixing/Measuring Cup, 16 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015RDHC1O/

That is kind of like what I had but mine was straight sided. I wonder the same thing about that one that I wonder about the jar.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Canuck-Errant posted:

I'd just see if you can get a replacement for the original, if it came with the stick blender.

I tried, couldn't find it. I think I am going to try a wide mouth mason jar and see if it works, if not I will try that Cuisinart cup.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone have a good drawer storage solution for knives? At my old place I had a magnetic wall thing to hang them on but I don't have a good place to put one of those in my new kitchen.

dalstrs posted:

I tried, couldn't find it. I think I am going to try a wide mouth mason jar and see if it works, if not I will try that Cuisinart cup.

The pint size wide mouth mason jar worked pretty well it seems. Handy because I can just put the lid straight on it.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone have a recommendation for a cheese shredder, something fairly inexpensive?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SubG posted:

Microplane. One of the `professional' models will run you like US$15. You can probably find a lovely box grater for less so I don't know if that counts as `fairly inexpensive'. But that's what I'd get anyway.

I have a microplane for hard cheeses. The inexpensive part was because I can get the kitchenaid mixer attachment that shreds for ~$45.

Subjunctive posted:

I got an OXO Good Grips Two-Fold Grater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VLYQHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5bfRybDSR7FH6 and it stores nicely in a drawer. Also grates cheese pretty well (though I microplane hard cheeses like Parmesan). $13, has served me well for a year and a half of grating mozzarella for my kid's pasta.

Thanks, this is what I was looking at, the only whole milk mozzarella around here comes in blocks and I with my new baking steel I foresee a lot of pizzas in my future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a difference between the instant pot and any other electric pressure cooker?