Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'm ready to step my pots and pans game up, but not too high - I currently have two 12" ceramic non-stick bullshit pans that are starting to crap out on me. I want to switch to stainless but it's a little confusing. There's a store near me (Marshalls) that sells calphalon stuff pretty affordably but I can't for the life of me differentiate between their different product lines.

All of the pans I'm looking at look like stainless steel, but they are sold as just a pan with a price tag, so there's no manufacturer info to go on in-store. One pan is stamped 1392 on the bottom - which according to their website is a 12" omelette pan. This was $39.99 for the pan, no lid.

Another pan is stamped 5003, which makes it a 3 qt. saute pan - this was $24.99 for the pan with a glass lid. This is a little smaller than the 12" omelette pan and has straight sides, vs. the sloped sides of the other.

How the heck do I know what product I'm buying if all they put on the bottom of the piece is a pan-type number? - there's apparently a large variety of options from Calphalon in stainless, from single ply to 5 ply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Mr. Wookums posted:

Going to replace my flatware, glasses and dishes. Any suggestions before I look for something pretty?

Make sure you pick the glasses and dishes that will allow food to sit upon them and/or inside of them. For flatware make sure that any knives you buy aren't sharp enough to cut yourself, and don't bother buying forks because they're basically just spoons with less material which means you're getting ripped off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

I can tell you from personal experience, when someone gives you a sippy-cup it is demeaning :shobon: