Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just microplaned my knuckles and immediately ground lemon oil into the wounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i pay less than $5 a month for water

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you still have leftovers 11 months after thanksgiving? how big a meal did you cook?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

canadian thanksgiving isn’t real

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sturdy cardboard folds up pretty good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Arcsech posted:

Seconded. Even if they're about to roll out a new version, I dunno what they could add to it that would make one regret buying the Mk. 4 for cheap.

there’s rumors the new one is also a vibrator

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

welcome 2 china

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i got one of these a while back for about $5 and it works fine

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im not sure

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I understand the difference in evacuation, but it sounded like you were having a problem with the seal, not the handling of the contents.

I don’t quite understand how chamber vacuums displace air from the bag like water pressure does, but I’ll find a video on YouTube or something. I thought they just created a vacuum in a structured container (rather than a mere unstructured bag) and then sealed off the contents before air can return to the evacuated space (including the parts enclosed by the bag).

they don't displace air "from the bag", they reduce the atmospheric pressure in the whole chamber and the thing comes to an equilibrium, then it seals the bag at that lower pressure equilibrium. have you ever brought a bag of chips or an empty bottle onto an airplane before? noticed how the bag or bottle swells up in size when you're mid flight, and if you open & close a bottle mid flight then it will be depressed and partially crushed when you land? that's the same thing as a vacuum chamber sealer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Subjunctive posted:

That’s what I thought, until Paul made the analogy to submerging a ziploc. Thank you!

well, submerging a ziploc is also basically the same thing!