Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Is it worth is to shell out the extra money for a Breville over other food processors? Do they ever go on sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Gozinbulx posted:

Also if anyone has any experience with the Breville Sous Chef I'd also like to hear it. Looks good too but considerably more expensive.
It's awesome but really big and heavy. Comes with a good number of extra attachments and the micro insert is really good for homemade mayonnaise.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Doesn't sound like it would work well. Peelers work best on firm vegetables, and a good one can take off butternut squash skin. Just slice the meat against the grain with a knife and you can get it thin and tender enough for a sandwich or wrap.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

VERTiG0 posted:

Thoughts on the Cuisinart DFP-14CNY vs a Breville Sous Chef?

I have a sous chef and it is awesome and has attachments for all kinds of things. The downside is it is large and heavy, but I imagine a similar sized Cuisinart would be too.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I had a Scanpan that's suppose to be able to take all kinds of abuse and I messed up the coating by having it on my stove too hot. They replaced it but now I baby the replacement. I do run it and a cheaper Calphalon through the dish washer and they've been fine so far.

I have a 12 inch lodge cast iron and I think it's nice to have the bigger size even though I only cook for two. Mainly cause the extra space helps give stuff room so it browns better and I'm often making enough to have left overs for lunches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

The timer setting is my favorite part of my Zoji. It is awesome to set up steel cut oats to be ready when I wake up or rice is ready when I get home from work.