Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is there a way for me to blend "Jarmak is right and probably the most sensible person in this thread" with "it's extremely lovely that this is so obviously a thing" cause that's kind of where I am atm

Yeah, it's easy. All you have to do is actually say why you think Jarmak is right, then defend it when people say why they think you're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Jarmak posted:

I already said I didn't think one exists

edit: unless you're asking me how I plan on fixing the holistic social and economic racial disparity in the US, which is way outside the scope of this thread.

So, despite the well known and documented racial disparities that are caused by the current system, too bad so sad for black people affected by it?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Jarmak posted:

I've been arguing since the very beginning that this was a second order effect and trying to implement a solution at this level would do more harm then good because of a lack of acceptable solutions. "Bad Faith" does not mean "Argument I don't like/know how to respond to"

Is your opinion that this is the best of all possible systems based on some kind of evidence, or is it possible that you are heavily invested personally in the current system (and are unlikely to ever be affected by it)?

• Locked thread