Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

jazzyhattrick posted:

I hate it when there are pull handles on a door you have to push.

I almost put in a request today to install a crash bar on a door at work... that opens into the dangerous area where you need the crash bar. :downs: :psyduck:

criscodisco posted:

As far as bad design, I love my phone, but it has one major design flaw.

This is the phone:

The curved edge, while completely pointless, is sort of neat looking. However, since it's a jumbo-sized phone, if you have any sort of list on the screen (texts, songs, etc), your fingers are constantly opening up unwanted emails or texts or changing what song you're listening to, as it's impossible to hold in one hand without having at least one finger on the curved part of the screen. I really don't know why the curved part has any touchscreen capabilities, as I can't see what you would be doing that would involve touching that minute strip of screen real estate.

Shoot, never considered that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

itunes is and has always been a piece of poo poo

It seems like the thing with iTunes is that it used to work, but with every add-on and redesign it got more and more screwed up.

Eventually the only way to save iTunes is to just scrap it and rebuild it as a completely new program.

The Human Crouton posted:

One of my elementary school didn't have doors in the stalls. When I told my father about it, he went down to the school to complain. The principal refused to put doors on the stalls so my father shut his office door and told him that neither of them are leaving until he agrees to install doors or until the principal took a dump in front of him. Next week we had doors on the stalls.

This was 25 years ago when you could threaten another man over a good reason and nobody would call the police. A better time.

Huh my elementary school (old building) had a few bathrooms with no stall doors.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

netally posted:

We've got a similar terrible roundabout near my town. Luckily, someone made this simple image showing how to get around it:

I actually decided not to apply for a job recently because the commute would have involved driving around that loving thing. At rush hour, it's insane.

There are two Roundabouts in Cleveland, Ohio. One's way out on the east side near Eaton Place, and the other is on a hill near Steelyard Commons. The Steelyard Commons one terrifies me. I think the first time I was in it I made several confused rotations in the innermost section of the roundabout.

Frankly this is the only roundabout I ever really liked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Machine control panel in facility A ("green board" scheme):
Green light: ON/RUNNING
Red light: OFF

Machine control panel in facility B ("power industry" scheme):
Green light: OFF
Red light: ON/RUNNING

Also a really bad design to me is a control screen that has temperature measurements for different things in Fahrenheit and Centigrade. :psyduck:

• Locked thread