Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kremlin Kremlin posted:

hooboy these are my favorites

This is actually the simplest front-loader washer control cluster I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

What the hell is the dial on the left? Can't be temperature, revolutions maybe?

RPM for spin cycle I'm guessing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

this volume control

not even going into using a touchscreen for most stereo functions

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Logikv9 posted:

wait, how the gently caress does that even work

i dont even know, its that black area around the vol label. a big touch-sensitive strip. a coworker had it as a rental and i never figured out if it was absolute or relative or if youre supposed to hold your finger at one end to increase/decrease or what.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

think about the kind of person who buys a tesla

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The Whole Internet posted:

having a car that's impossible and confounding for everyone including yourself to get into vs having a lock

hmm yes it's clear which of these is the dumb design

could be worse http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/11/texas-man-dog-die-trapped-corvette/71053474/

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

criscodisco posted:

I had an 03 Aurora for a while, and it had the sensors that would automatically turn the windshield wipers on if it detected water. There was no way to turn them off. So, on any muggy day, the wipers would go full speed the entire time the car was running, leading to me needing new wiper blades every few months.

lmao

criscodisco posted:

EDIT:
Since people were talking about annoying automatic climate control in cars, I had a Nissan Maxima a few years ago that had the thing where you would set your temperature. I liked the concept, but I wanted it to work like a home's furnace does, in the sense where it gets the air up to a temperature and turns off, until it cools a bit. Instead, it would just constantly blow on high, but turn the air temp cooler and warmer as needed. It was impossible to drive for 45 minutes without getting chapped lips.

Thats strange, i have a nissan and in mine the temp control works mostly by varying the fan speed. Sure once it hits the correct temperature the fan always stays on at the lowest setting but i like having moving air in a car so its perfect for me.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Melmac posted:

While I admit I've never had a fancy car, I've had new cars and every one of them would kill the battery if you left the headlights on by accident.

just another way inequality is perpetuated :(

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Butyraceous posted:

Holy poo poo can't believe this is real.

He was in front of a loving waffle house, why didn't he just yell and hit the windows until someone noticed? I get not being strong enough to break the windows but surely it wouldn't have been hard to get someone's attention.

hahahaha did you know in texas castle doctrine extends to your occupied vehicle?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i think people are missing the point, you need a deathwish to try to break into the corvette of an old white texan man if he's inside, trapped or not

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lets all just agree that not having door handles inside a car is a bad design

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I have never understood why American suburbs don't have shops amongst them. Why do people not convert homes/land into convenience stores and make a mint?

the entire point of those suburbs with all the culs-de-sac and and twisting streets is you never have to interact with someone outside of who you live with. no random encounters on the elevator or apartment building hallway or even sidewalk because you always drive and park in your garage. the kind of person who lives there doesn't want shops nearby to entice people to walk around near their houses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Indy posted:

pop up headlights

speaking of bad design. not that theyre not cool but i must have helped my dad replace the motors for his car's headlights a half dozen times as a kid

• Locked thread