Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Whybird posted:

sure is a nice table you got there

be a shame if someone were to... GET MILK ALL OVER IT

I want to take a 2x4 to this designer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Malf posted:

Once i had to take a poo in a public toilet in the US.

why can't you guys figure this out?

As an American I agree and apologize for our bathroom door design stupidity.

OMFG FURRY posted:

so we can see when someone is shooting smack or getting frisky

Yep. :911:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 4, 2015

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You would think American highschools would have uniform bathroom codes, even just in the same state but somebody always seems to want to do something creative with the design of the shitter. :shrug:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Phyzzle posted:

Google had surprisingly few examples for something I see everywhere. (I guess because nobody labels the picture as 4-way unless the sign's labeled.) Anyways, here's an example, and on a four lane road, yay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAXnBKSK_mA

It know it's common enough that regular stop signs need to say this:

Is this a new trend? I've never seen those "cross traffic does not stop" signs before. At a four way stop or really at any stop sign I always thought you look around and assume the cross traffic will not yield before doing anything.

Edit: I'm assuming someone died at that intersection so they added a new sign.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

mostlygray posted:

I worked at a company that had a gap so wide in one of the stalls that I had to use my sport coat to block the gap. It was the worst I've ever seen. The gap at the bottom was so high, that I had to keep my trousers all the way up to the toilet to block my unmentionables. I had a method for hanging my coat on the handle and then wedging part of it into the corner so that I didn't have to see people staring at me.

I've not seen many urinal dividers in the US. We usually just piss in full view. I even remember a urinal trough at a grain elevator that was round and doubled as a hand washing station. There was a foot pedal for water and soap above. It's basically pissing in a sink where everyone can see each-others dicks.

Found a picture of one.
http://i.imgur.com/BGgqEVT.jpeg

Can't stop laughing. Literally a piss fountain. Wtf. What company makes this.

Edit: the designer better be gay I can think of no other rational explanation. "Well you know, a circle saves space and putting it in the middle of the room shaves off a full five minutes per day." :frogout:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Nathilus posted:

loving laffo. I've seen that same fixture and newsflash: its a sink.

I can understand the confusion though. Sometimes we pee in weird things. The closer you get to south texas for example, the more likely restrooms are to have a pretty mosaic wall to piss on. There wont even be a trough just a mosaic wall with water running over it drained via inset basin.

I am really loving glad I learned that was a sink now rather than by accident.

I have never peed on a mosaic wall. I have yet to live.

• Locked thread