Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

BigwigML posted:

a good way to recharge a mouse

THANKS STEVE JOBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Whybird posted:

sure is a nice table you got there

be a shame if someone were to... GET MILK ALL OVER IT

what ist he spout on the side of the big one?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Germstore posted:

that's the reflection of the small one.

AH lol

gently caress i failed still life 101 again :(

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

lmao what an epic fail

my eyes... have deceived me...

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

criscodisco posted:

But shouldn't the rubber on the cable keep all the electrics inside and away from my screen?

moving current creates a magnetic field bwooowowoowoooo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Humans are not like full of electricity

didn't you know that everything living is constantly conducting the universal orgone?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

try peekin your dick thru!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

so you can start taking your pants off asap

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Avocados posted:

why no doors though, thats hilarious and terrifying

smoking/drugs

same reason for half doors

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

therattle posted:

I only like a little bit of milk in my tea. Spill city. And I often do a little test pour of tea before the main event to see if it's sufficiently brewed. Lastly, you savage, I don't want to be pouring at full volume as I reach the top of the cup. :colbert:

this guy has all the answers

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

where do you live that urinals like that are uncommon

these are uncommon in every place i've been, which is mostly the eastern seaboard of the USA

normally we have welcoming urinals w big pitcher mouths hung 2 1/2 feet from the floor

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Modest Mauser posted:

Velcro looks absolutely ridiculous and I always associate that with very young children and elderly people who smell like old cheese or onion soup.

velcro does not have to look ridiculous, it can look like the cool n sleek future (esp considering it's what astronauts use)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

a starwar betamax posted:

velcro is bad because ti gets all full of dirt and then doesnt work but laces always work anyway you should just get into barefoot running thats wwhat the tarahumara indians do they are born to run and they never have injuries

bullshit starwar i looked at a ton of picks and they all wearing sandals every one of them

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

salt water fish are expensive

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

I got this.

:hfive:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

is this seriously a thing? What does everyone do when they are stopped? why wouldn't you just put a roundabout in like every other country?

lol. you take turns. first come first serve. if two or three arrive at the same time, you're supposed to default to whoever is rightmost, but usually it's just a free for all. if four arrive at the same time, oh well. (it never actually happens that more than two people arrive at exactly the same time so)

roundabouts are hellish, truly hellish.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yea except those dyson airblades, holy mackerel

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Nubile Hillock posted:

With modern safety features you'd surely bring down the fatalities AND you'd keep the economy going by having people have to buy new cars all the time. I don't get what the hard part about slowing down and looking is, though, without having to come to a full and complete stop

are you american or what? i don't get it? "slowing down" is literally the antithesis of the economy boyo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

You know where a great place for a traffic circle would be? Centered directly on a freight train double track!

look lik ea starfish

a starfish od death!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

The arc du triomphe is definitely the world most brutal roundabout.

12 arterial roads and approximately 10 unmarked lanes

lol

this is a perfect expression of french society

social democracy at its finest :911:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they come from all around the world... to jockey in an undifferentiated free for all of equality!!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i am not a fascist, but a very strong believer that traffic rules and regulations and their enforcement is the ideal expression of our inevitable fascist urges

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Bill Posters posted:

This is from a restaurant near my house.

I do not live in Sochi.

ya but that's kinda like a porta potty. urinal if you wanna pee, toilet if you wanna poop. helps keep the seat clean.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Nubile Hillock posted:

so why are there so many four way stops? Oh wait it's because American "men" can't drive manual transmission so slowing down is too much to handle. Slam on brakes to stop, slam gas pedal to move. Makes sense.

cha ching

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

of course california would go all human being euro first

lead to way, CA! :911:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my partner already shits while i'm in the bathroom so lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nigga crab pollock posted:

oh a Bad Saab Thing

this is the headlight switch for the 1st gen saab 9-3. Looks p simple with some weird middle option right?

car has daytime running lights that always stay on. nothing happens when you turn the knob. if it is in the off position you can't turn your high beams on. the top 2 options are basically just 'on' except if its in the top one you can trigger a parking lamp for a few minutes by holding the high beam switch down (to walk to your door i guess?)

why that poo poo doesnt just happen without prompt and there isnt a switch there in the first place is beyond me. they included a switch that only has a function when daytime running lights are off, which you have to pull a fuse to disable :psyduck:

i can' teven understand really why there is the option to turn off headlights ever, unless you are driving a police car

headlights aren't just so you can see but so you can be seen

they should never be allowed to go off

think of all the times you drive by idiots at dawn or dusk who don't have their headlights on because they can see, but they are invisible to you; or during rain, who don't turn their lights on

weeeee the option to commit crimes!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Aralan posted:

You have to tap the little car's roof a couple times. I only know this because I read an article where the author didn't know how to pop the door handles out manually if they didn't come out automatically either. Why this is better than a normal key fob or normal door handles that just unlock if you have the key in your pocket wasn't covered in the article

"the future"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the future is an unremitting and unquestionable good you dweeb

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

Think again.

i live in the city, so this ia genuine concern in some areas

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Aralan posted:

I don't know why I'm surprised that someone actually thought that was a great idea, but I am

our obsession with "the future" has been ongoing since at least world war 2, though more realistically since the end of the 19th century

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

too bad EPCOT never panned out, it woulda been a gorgeous bruise

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

I unno man. Maybe you want to have some heat or A/C while you idle in a parking lot, without your lights blaring everywhere.

heat/AC should be available without ignition

or perhaps a compromise would be that the lights come on when you shift out of Park

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Obviously youve never sat out in a buddys car late on a cold night to smoke a bowl on a side street

i have done that, and it is illegal, and it amazes me that the US govt encourages illegal activities in cars both driving and non driving related

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

The number one bad designer is - GOD! He made lots of people who are seriously into sucking off strangers- but they are all dudes! wtf, GOD?!

close your eyes you coward.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Voltage posted:

My '14 ford fiesta has voice controls and they are absolutely useless. If I say "take me home" it just yells at me to say "navigation or climate" first. So I say navigation, wait, then say take me home. And then it goes into a tirade about how I need to say the street address, which, in the two years ive owned this car i have yet to get it to fully understand and route me to a specific address. Also, how in the gently caress would it be easier to go through a poo poo load of terrible voice menus to turn on my ac when i can just turn a knob right in front of me? The climate controls are also on a menu in the terrible touch screen for no apparent reason.

Sat nav in my car was a $1000 option and i literally just use my phone for gps every time i need it, thats how bad it is. Just always loses gps signal and the traffic info is never correct. Utter trash.

Just give me the 3 knobs for climate and an aux/usb jack for sound everything else can gently caress off forever. Except steering wheel audio controls those own.

lmao when mind control turns out to be this horrible

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

But I like my eyes.

then look into his eyes while he does it. ask him what his name is. laugh when he can't pronounce it because his mouth is full.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

But what if his name if Fred or Karl or Henry or literally any other male name, what then?

what if his name was like, Stacy, or Andrea, or Casey, or Pat?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

Maybe I am misjudging automobile battery capacity, but running A/C off the battery seems like a recipe for millions of calls to the tow truck man.

i do not actually care if you kill your battery running your AC because you hav ea tiny penis!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

The solution to this is to make it so the headlights also turn on the instrument panel lights. Nobody is going to drive around when they cant see the speedometer

you have never seen a person driving around without their headlights on in full darkness?

• Locked thread