Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Kremlin Kremlin posted:

hooboy these are my favorites

Whirlwind, asterisk, kitchen sink, uterus, or antlers these all make perfect sense :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Kremlin Kremlin posted:

all five food groups, yeah

I mean if I wanted to antler my uterus at a 30° angle I could do so in 200 units of squiggle with a twist of three dials, even a child could GNIBGNORP

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

I miss my 1994 Jeep Wrangler with automatic nothing and no back seat

naem
May 29, 2011

fliptophead posted:

And the icing on the cake is the red light cameras everywhere so you're not tempted to take a dangerous risk with your life when there is no oncoming traffic.

Camera tickets are a $400 ticket here

naem
May 29, 2011

Welcome to Walgreens are you a reward card memeber please enter your phone number

Allow me to tear off all these coupons attached to the stuff you are buying and scan them

Please swipe your card

Oh I'm sorry sir it says you have to use your card as an atm please swipe again and type your pin

Now enter your zip code

Whoops you have to re enter your rewards card member phone number again

Would you like cash back with that today?

Oh I'm sorry I the cashier didn't press a button to enter your rewards card number to apply the savings to your purchase could you please re-enter your phone number otherwise it costs like $7 dollars more

Ok now swipe again

Sir it says you have to use your card as an atm yes we already did this no it doesn't make sense ok enter your pin

Would you like to take a short survey about our customer service you will get 4 reward points for your reward card member discount if you get enough reward point you get a coupon for a free package of white Hanes brand tshirts which would allow you to avoid doing laundry for up to three more days you sack of poo poo

Ok sir please enter your zip coade

Now your pin code

Are you a rewards card member id like to discuss savings please enters your rewards card phone number sir

Ok that will be $138.42 here are your plastic razors and shampoo and chewing gum and also 437 small pieces of paper with the words REWARD on them to take home and scatter about your studio apartment

Please come to Walgreens again and feel free to duck your head nervously as the door alarm thing goes off and our 9 foot tall guy with prison tattoos who stands by the door glares at you as you gesture at yourself as if to say "am I good? Haha It's ok I can go that's not me?"

naem
May 29, 2011

I miss how in newt York everyone knows how to use a sidewalk:

-there are two clear lanes of 'traffic' in each direction
-there is a fast and a slow lane so everyone walks at a steady comfortable speed of their choosing
-people entering or leaving stores wait and merge with 'traffic' exactly like cars on the street
-no one ever stops in the middle of 'traffic' because that would block the million other people walking which would be weird and bad

In SF where I now live:
-half the population are just visiting and they want to stop and gawk at everything when you are trying to get to work
-people walk in groups that block entire sidewalks and look confused when you walk at a different speed
-entering and exiting stores without looking and being completely confused that there are people walking forward in a straight line from point A to point B on the sidewalk already who they have now bumped into
-'special interest groups' such as 'tiny adorable 500 year old Asian grandma's and 'guys wearing an expensive fancy person outfit such as an expensive sweater with a shirt collar showing' expect deferential treatment and get very sad/perturbed when they can't walk completely against traffic and 5000 people don't all get out of their way so they can walk diagonally and stop suddenly for no reason
-insane filthy homeless guys ramming into people and screaming obscenities nonstop who get super super scared if you respond "no how about gently caress YOU rear end in a top hat"
-not being able to scream "gently caress you" in a jovial manner without terrifying people since in New York that just means hello

naem
May 29, 2011

It has been fun seeing multiple industries just not comprehend that everyone now has all the tools and platforms in their pocket 24/7 to replicate everything they thought they had a hegemony over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

2008-12 I was a broke student and emerged like a time traveler and there was all this strange new technology

• Locked thread