Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

It's a solar furnace. That's just the collector. There are mirrors on surrounding hills reflecting sunlight into it.

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

nomadologique posted:

what ist he spout on the side of the big one?

that's the reflection of the small one.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

This is the best explanation of where someone could gently caress up tying sholaces:
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/grannyknot.htm
considering he was in the military I'd imagine this isn't the problem.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I've only seen the wall type urinal in sports stadiums and other places where throughput is the most important factor.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Seems like everyone i know has a crippling fear of roundabouts for some goddamn reason.

It's just unfamiliarity. So it's a bit of chicken and egg problem.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

There's a road that has a roundabout that's only has one road. The cross road never got built because of 2008 economic collapse. I still yield to the inside which I imagine annoys the cars behind me.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

That Swindon roundabout- what the gently caress- has science gone too far?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Is being able to go counterclockwise really worth the extra complexity?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Cooking spray is for retards anyway. It's a testament to its foulness that someone could use pledge instead and not realize it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

yeah, but there's only so many high visibility colors

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's justifiable if the device has both a calculator and phone number entry because flipping either of those would be bad. I'm having a hard time thinking of a type of device that would need both though.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

How can 02 civic have 60k miles?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

keep posting horrible bathrooms please

poor execution but I get the point.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Isaac posted:

Me and the lads on level 3E share this account and spend the days coming up with good rear end posts.

mods?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

criscodisco posted:

because thanks to a few unfortunate incidents, they've done away with "lights out". Therefore, especially if you're on the top bunk, you've got a very bright fluorescent light about 4 feet above you that never shuts off.

that's hosed up.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Once the favicons disappear I take that as a sign to clean up my tabs. The design decisions in chrome are focused around maximizing the amount of space used to display the actual webpage, multiple rows of tabs would completely fly in the face of that.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

CJacobs posted:

It still freezes the whole browser when that happens though

edit: But then again, I guess you didn't specify that it actually works

No, it doesn't, at least not for me. Is your computer poo poo?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Most microwaves have a complicated set of steps to mute them, and every one of the ten or so button presses it takes will result in a beep. So you basically have to choose always muted or never muted which is some bullshit.

I wish timers would show how much time it has passed since it went off. Sometimes you just miss a timer and it's nice to know how much you goofed.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I have never in my life been concerned about beeping microwaves. Mine beeps at a reasonable level, and I find it helpful to know when the microwave is done. I'm amazed anybody finds this to be a problem.

This is a good suggestion.

My wife tends to sleep later than me, so it's a concern.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

a starwar betamax posted:

she stays up late sucking the neighbors cooks

rude.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

90% power is good to keep oatmeal from overflowing. 30-40% is good for foods that tend to have hot spots.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Bad USB C cables can gently caress up power reporting and can destroy your device and your laptop at the same time.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I hate the chipped credit cards. Instead of pull out card, swipe, put back. It's pull out card, stick in card, wait, wait, wait for like a drat minute, put back. I assume there's a security benefit but from a usability perspective it's a huge step back.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"Minute" is an exaggeration, but sometimes it can take like ten seconds and that's too loving long.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

All I want is a credit card I don't have to take out of my pocket somehow. Maybe use my body as a conduit, I don't know; I'm just an ideas guy someone else is gonna have to bang out the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

All I can say to Americans is sorry your country has such a stupid hosed up EFTPOS system. Hopefully, one day you will join the rest of us with fast, easy and secure transactions.

Thanks for smugging about bad design in the bad design thread.

• Locked thread