Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

The White Dragon posted:

US drivers are typically too aggressive for roundabouts to work because nobody lets anyone merge in.

They're all over San Diego now and they're great. Cars are slowing down and the roundabouts are way better than stop signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Drifter posted:

But sometimes I want my microwave to run for 5 minutes at 30% and then seven minutes at 75% without getting up in between each set.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Shadow posted:

Alright, I'll accept that as a reason. It still sucks that I turn the phone off by mistake so often because of it being placed right opposite the volume button, but your explanation does make design sense.

This is "by design" rather than a bad design. Apple's a piece of poo poo and wants to milk you out of as much money as possible. Standardizing with mini USB wouldn't allow them to ask for $20+ for a replacement charger cable. Hell, every hotel I've been in (I travel a lot) had the previous Apple docking station. A giant gently caress you to them changing it to the lightning in the first place. Almost looks like mini USB but it isn't, lol gently caress you.

gently caress you, Apple.

No, dipshit, it's because all the other connectors are lovely and the electronics to make them work are thick.

Lightining is incredibly loving fast, the connector is thin, bi-directional & super easy to insert, and the electronics that make it all work are incredibly loving lean thin and allow them to make really sexy thin hardware.

Lighting is better than USB in every goddamn way. You just hate Apple out of dumbshit principle because the people that used to throw you into trashcans at school own iPhones.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

You guys aren't being real supportive of the 'furious' thing I see

A bad thread

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Andrast posted:

Europeans managed to do it just fine.

Individual countries far smaller did, on an irregular schedule.

The EU, about the size/population of America, can't accomplish poo poo - except putting Roma beggars at every Nordic train station.

• Locked thread