Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Xaris posted:

(not pictured is the 4 other onramps/offramps to i-580 that are also only stops right behind the bridge with main traffic thats always going like 30+)

aw yeah well there is where i live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

nomadologique posted:

i can' teven understand really why there is the option to turn off headlights ever, unless you are driving a police car

headlights aren't just so you can see but so you can be seen

they should never be allowed to go off

think of all the times you drive by idiots at dawn or dusk who don't have their headlights on because they can see, but they are invisible to you; or during rain, who don't turn their lights on

weeeee the option to commit crimes!

I have a $34,000 2013 car that doesn't have automatic lights. Also it doesn't have cruise control.

I solve this by turning my lights on lol. really pro move imo.

You should always be able to turn OFF your lights, im not sure what kind of sheltered life one must lead to not be able to think of any situation where this might be applicable. However, lights should be automatically on in general... which they are in 99.99% of cars sold in a whole lot of years so this is a non issue.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

Both vehicles I've owned, something was jacked up somewhere, so the Headlight control knob did nothing. Lights would come on at dark, but no way to turn them off. Well, sometimes when it gets really cold, I can actually control them for a little while.

This is actually more common than you think. I dont know why, although I can guess, but they aren't functional by design. I would guess because its region dependent how functional light switches are or not but rather than change the parts they can just change the programming. On the other hand, there is usually a way to turn off lights but it can be some convoluted process involving like your brake pedal and poo poo it will be in the manual.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Melmac posted:

This got me thinking. Why the hell do headlights not automatically turn off when you take the key out of the ignition and close the doors? At least make "auto turn off" an option.

I'm trying to think of a scenario where I'd need the headlights on but I also need my keys out of the car.

its for when you park at night in a dark place, this is actually something they added in recent times. But there is an auto turn off for (well at least, most) modern cars, even ones with manual headlights. For instance although I have manual lights only, if I walk away it will turn off shortly because of the chip in the key, which also affects how locks function.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

they use those toilet/sinks in jail. I know, because I had to poo poo in them. Since thats also your drinking water, you can turn around butters style, and drink water while making GBS threads

• Locked thread