Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
In Canada Chip Cards came out in the last 5 years or so.

Prior, it was swipe card, instantly select Checking or Savings, instantly type PIN, then APPROVED and go.

Now with Chip and Pin:

Insert card, processing, checking or savings? processing, Insert PIN processing, authorizing, PIN OKAY DO NOT REMOVE CARD, authorizing. Remove Card.

It triples/quadruples the time you spend waiting at the machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Laserface posted:

Phone cradles for cars that have those massive wings on either side of the device.

Like every single major phone on the market is less than 10mm thick. Having 30mm of rubber padding on the side is pointless as gently caress and as an added bonus, the cheaper ones tend to put the pads right next to the keyboard, meaning you cant easily get your finger to the edge of the screen.

For example:

Although this one is OK because it has an adjustable foot height, so you can make the wings sit above the keyboard by dropping the foot to its lowest point.

Maybe dont use your phones keyboard while driving the car that the phone is mounted to?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Laserface posted:

I dont, but sometimes my passenger does for GPS, or if I pull over to do it myself.

Then its 1000x easier to pull the phone off the mount and type, then put it back no?

• Locked thread