Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

criscodisco posted:

As far as bad design, I love my phone, but it has one major design flaw.

This is the phone:

The curved edge, while completely pointless, is sort of neat looking. However, since it's a jumbo-sized phone, if you have any sort of list on the screen (texts, songs, etc), your fingers are constantly opening up unwanted emails or texts or changing what song you're listening to, as it's impossible to hold in one hand without having at least one finger on the curved part of the screen. I really don't know why the curved part has any touchscreen capabilities, as I can't see what you would be doing that would involve touching that minute strip of screen real estate.

Yeah these curved edges are the absolute epitome of gimmick. I have the s6 standard and I have never once thought "jeez this would be improved by the edges being curved in a way I cant hold the phone".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Germstore posted:

This is the best explanation of where someone could gently caress up tying sholaces:
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/grannyknot.htm
considering he was in the military I'd imagine this isn't the problem.

Pretty much this. If you do the looped ends around each other technique so the bow is straight it will never come apart unless you want it to.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

You know, if youre not focusing on this and just scrolling it kind of looks like a spread set of rear end cheeks.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

"This article is based on published 'facts' and not at all based on real world experience with current production manual transmission vehicles."

Right. "Real world experience" AKA anecdotal evidence.

You're an idiot. EPA results are based on specific tests that rarely emulate actual driving conditions accurately. It's not "anecdotal" evidence when people enmasse calculate their consumption and find it to have been greater then the EPA reports.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Mange Mite posted:

If some guy tries to carjack me i should be allowed to cap his rear end instead of legally being required to run away from my own car like a bitch

Okay but be prepared to die a painful death locked in your own car like the retarded gun owner you are.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Farmland Park posted:

I don't have pictures, but when I was looking for an apartment in Shanghai, I saw several where the toilet was inside the kitchen, to save room.

Cold water washing machines which are popular in China (and Asia), like, what's even the point of a cold water washing machine? "Oh I don't want to clean my clothes, I just occasionally make them wet from time to time"

You dont know what soap is do you Einstein.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

This is from a few pages ago but dude gently caress off with this 'the only real cars are manual.' Yeah alright you probably get slightly better gas mileage and the car is slightly lighter but clearly you don't drive in big city traffic. Automatic is just better and easier in those conditions, sorry.
I cant be arsed browsing back to see if you were even the guy I was responding too but lol way to miss my point retard.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

therattle posted:

The CD jewel case. Made of a brittle plastic with vulnerable parts (the cover tabs and bits that hold the cd in place) that frequently break. Not so much a bad design per se but bad choice of material.

Dont forget the stupid tabs keeping the cover in that rip it if you try to put it back in.
Its interesting they stuck with such a flawed design for just so drat long. In comparison the DVD case design is pretty much perfect and simpler to manufacture.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

88h88 posted:

Roundabouts are generally a great idea. Where they fall down is when they're used on a route which gets more traffic in one direction which then dominates the flow and causes tailbacks from the other roads leading onto it. So then they put lights on them to try and help the problem. And that just makes things worse as now where gaps in traffic would appear naturally, there's just a big block of traffic coming from one direction.

We had a decent roundabout by work so of course when everyone leaves it gets silly busy. They opened up another lane and added traffic lights and this just makes poo poo worse, traffic backs up even more these days.

Red traffics lights that turn on only during peak times can work well if the system is designed properly.

Naturally there is not a single road department on the loving planet that is managed properly so poop to that notion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

You know that we had NFC cards before you and we pretty much rejected them, right? That's part of the reason we didn't have chip cards for so long, the techno half assumed we'd just skip over those and go to NFC. Turns out however that people rightly don't trust them and don't like them and won't use them.

Also most Americans have more than one card in their wallet unlike you bogans so there's no "wave your wallet" possible, you still have to dig the card out.

Everything you just listed are retarded idiot reasons only babies would worry about.

Its okay, Trump will bring back the gold standard and allow you to sign in crayons if you want to.

• Locked thread