Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The coolest part is that Chrome used to have built in options to have multiple rows of tabs or even a vertical tree of tabs down the left side of the window.

Then one day they removed all of the options because "we didn't really want that feature, it was just, like, an experiment guys :rolleyes:."

This seems to be the norm for Google. Make something better, get people using it, and then either poo poo the bed and make it terrible, cancel it, or ignore any issues that arise after medium/long term real world use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

We almost had those but then there was the dumbest loving panic over "someone with a portable reader gun could scan your card from across the street! :tinfoil:" and piles of "with this new credit card menace coming to your door, here's how to protect it from cyberthieves!" articles actually suggesting that you wrap/insert/create your wallet with aluminum foil.

Since the London Underground started accepting contactless payments on their network, I've had to start putting my cards in foil sleeves. Now when I 'tap on', When they try and take payment from my (employer provided) oyster, my credit and debit cards scream "ME TOO" and then the machines complain about multiple cards provided.

It's cool that they've implemented it. But it's a bit half-assed. People carry multiple credit/debit cards and you nearly can't get the things w/o contactless any more. Now you've got to keep one of them separate to travel with.

• Locked thread