Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lmao at your loving idiot americans. NFC payments are the loving future and even our backwards country can see the benefit of it.

then again i suppose you guys are super loving paranoid about everything hence all the guns so it makes perfect sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Last Chance posted:

Do Australian banks have Apple Pay yet?

no because we already have NFC payments everywhere, have had them for years, and lol if you think a bank that already has infrastructure in place is gonna let Apple walk in and take a cut so people can wave their phone instead of their wallet.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

You know that we had NFC cards before you and we pretty much rejected them, right? That's part of the reason we didn't have chip cards for so long, the techno half assumed we'd just skip over those and go to NFC. Turns out however that people rightly don't trust them and don't like them and won't use them.

Also most Americans have more than one card in their wallet unlike you bogans so there's no "wave your wallet" possible, you still have to dig the card out.

I have 3 cards, with my most frequently used one in the front sleeve. it takes .5 of a second to remove it.

I guess the bad design that makes me furious is dumb loving americans?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

User experience. It's way cooler having album art and poo poo on a full colour hi res display than text.

I mean iPhone has small icons in a list so I don't know what the gently caress android is doing but it sounds terrible.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Phone cradles for cars that have those massive wings on either side of the device.

Like every single major phone on the market is less than 10mm thick. Having 30mm of rubber padding on the side is pointless as gently caress and as an added bonus, the cheaper ones tend to put the pads right next to the keyboard, meaning you cant easily get your finger to the edge of the screen.

For example:

Although this one is OK because it has an adjustable foot height, so you can make the wings sit above the keyboard by dropping the foot to its lowest point.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

D C posted:

Maybe dont use your phones keyboard while driving the car that the phone is mounted to?

I dont, but sometimes my passenger does for GPS, or if I pull over to do it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

D C posted:

Then its 1000x easier to pull the phone off the mount and type, then put it back no?

Can you think of a reason why we need the side grips to be so tall when even phones from 8 years ago were thinner than 10mm?

Darth123123 posted:

Don't buy visually obvious inferior products? Just spitballing

find a universal phone mount that doesnt require a special case or a magnet stuck to the back of your phone that doesnt have these stupid grips on the side?

Laserface fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 22, 2016

• Locked thread