Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dang, that looks very bad.

In fact, the whole teaser looks worse than some video game cutscenes.

e:

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
No, Postal (Uwe Boll, 2007) was based on games that never got console releases.

zVxTeflon posted:

Wing Commander
The later Wing Commander games were ported to the Playstation and one got a 3DO release.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
There was a Company of Heroes film adaptation a few years back, which one of my friends swears I've seen, but I don't believe him because I remember nothing about it.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

I feel like I'm being shitposterty, but I wish I could see what mind boggling terrible thing(s) you guys are seeing. The movie ain't going to be good, but those shots look fine to me.

I mean, the only way I can see someone thinking those shots are bad are the same folks who'd show screenshots of the Thing prequel and swear up and down the Carpenter movie effects were somehow better.

The real problem with those shots is that they're compositionally bland and communicate nothing other than "a thing happened". There's no reason to make your fantasy movie look like it was shot by a newspaper photographer covering a real event.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ufarn posted:

Can someone clear up for me whether that crowd shot is all CGI or actual humans with some weirdass greenscreening going on? I just assumed it was all CGI.

There are plenty of humans in that shot.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The story laid out in the trailer is standard video game stuff. What did everyone expect if not this?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

No Mods No Masters posted:

The amazing thing is that the production hasn't been a quick n' cheap cash grab deal, all trailer evidence to the contrary. This movie has a ludicrous budget, has been fretted over continuously for 8 years, and still came out looking like it was half-assed in every respect. That's the power of Blizzard

This is exactly the story of Diablo 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

graynull posted:

Everything about the visuals in the trailer just seem off to me. I think the thing that struck me the most was how plastic and homemade cosplay the human armor looked.

Meanwhile, they put out the cinematic for the next expansion the same day and it looks much more cohesive (because it is, I suppose). It also did a lot better job at hitting some emotional resonance, but maybe that's just me.
The visual differences come from the art styles. Legion's cinematic is completely CGI, so it can afford to employ the video game aesthetic in terms of texture, lighting, exaggerated proportions, overdone animations etc. Warcraft has real people, real sets, (probably) real outdoor locations. The CGI has to be much more photorealistic and subtle or else it will feel extremely disjointed.

• Locked thread