Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
Can someone clear up for me whether that crowd shot is all CGI or actual humans with some weirdass greenscreening going on? I just assumed it was all CGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Oh my god the new trailer is absolutely dreadful. Pretty much everything you'd fear about a WarCraft movie.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
They should just have let The Asylum do it and save the money. This is 90s videogame movie bad.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Didn't watch, did it involve a woodchipper?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

I remember Halo movie project failing because Microsoft/Bungie demanded more control - well, this is what you get when you let a videogame publisher into movie process.
Can't wait for Durotan to chug a Mountain Dew and give the camera a thumbs up before heading into battle.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Would it have ended up being more expensive, time consuming, and worse than what they ended up doing with what we're actually getting?
Probably, yeah. Also, I imagine they've been cannibalizing on their cinematics division, which affects the games, which is something I actually care about, unlike this dumb movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

Why in the gently caress would you think that? Movie studios have their own CGI departments.

No it doesn't.
Well clearly this strategy has paid off then.

• Locked thread