Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't expect this to be any good, but at least it looks like a really interesting mess. I'm just impressed by how accurate it actually seems to the series' style, so I also expect huge off-putting tonal shifts and incredibly hamfisted race metaphors. It's just so surreal that it's actually happening, like I thought this was gonna be like that Asteroids movie in that it would just be stuck in concept hell forever and you'd hear a vague news story about a new writer was attached to it about once every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Show me one finished screen shot from the Thing prequel that looks better than the original's effects shots. I am not counting the inproduction shots that actually looked decent, but the actual released movie.

I can't remember if Misterbibs is the goon who actually worked on the CGI effects for the Thing prequel 'cause I remember that guy being just as insufferable back in 2011. Either way you're not gonna convince him otherwise, just ignore his nonsense. He tried starting the exact same argument in the Red Letter Media thread out of nowhere.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Why couldn't Blizzard just give us a full movie of their amazing cinematics? :(

I mean that's basically what this looks like tbh. There are human actors, but I guarantee you could pluck out some orc focused action scene from the film and put it as the intro in the next game and no one would notice the difference

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ufarn posted:

Probably, yeah. Also, I imagine they've been cannibalizing on their cinematics division, which affects the games, which is something I actually care about, unlike this dumb movie.

This is real dumb. They literally just put out a cinematic game trailer yesterday. Also the movie isn't actually made by Blizzard's CGI team.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

Trailer shows actual black people among humans, so maybe that won't be a problem.

The orcs aren't black they're mongolian lern history plz

• Locked thread