Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Filing this movie into my "See it when drunk off my rear end with friends" list. Warcraft has had moments of very good storytelling and characters, even in recent years in WoW. The problem is that those moments tend to have nothing to do with the tired old Orcs vs Humans plot that's been run so far into the ground it's surfacing somewhere in the South China Sea, and I can't see Metzen letting this movie be about the parts of Warcraft that are actually generally creative and written well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Baron Bifford posted:

If Lordaeron is supposed to be medieval England or France, then it's natural for everybody to be white, because in those days travel was hard and Africa was far way. Ancient Romans, by contrast, were a very mixed bunch because their Empire was centered around the Mediterranean.

Thing is, this isn't Lordaeron, which is in the far north of the world not far from the arctic circle. This is Stormwind, which lies far to the south. Geographically speaking, if Lordaeron is somewhere in Europe then Stormwind is in sub-Saharan Africa.

Then again, trying to apply logic and sense to Warcraft's world-building is something always doomed to failure.

• Locked thread