Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I feel like I'm being shitposterty, but I wish I could see what mind boggling terrible thing(s) you guys are seeing. The movie ain't going to be good, but those shots look fine to me.

I mean, the only way I can see someone thinking those shots are bad are the same folks who'd show screenshots of the Thing prequel and swear up and down the Carpenter movie effects were somehow better.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Terrible Opinions posted:

Show me one finished screen shot from the Thing prequel that looks better than the original's effects shots. I am not counting the inproduction shots that actually looked decent, but the actual released movie.

I don't have the movie on my tablet, but every CGI shot in the prequel looks better than the stuff from the original, especially if you're going for "Monster that can literally be anything it wants to be at any time." You don't use Power Rangers monsters because you want to, you use em because you don't have a better option. Now, we do, and the only ones kvetching about that progression are the comparitive luddites.

Carpenter's movie is to the prequel as the black-and-white movie is to Carpenter's, effects wise.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 6, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Man, that's pretty poo poo. I'll still see it, though, if for no reason than the visuals. Orc throwing horse? Sold.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hope that this gets really popular and Bethesda decide to make an Elder Scrolls film but base it on the 36 Sermons of Vivec and have Jodorowsky direct.

I don't want to meet the people who would want to watch the part where Vivec has sex with Molag Bal, then compare their cocks, and then Vivec bites on Bal's.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 6, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

Wait so the story is there are good orcs and bad orcs and they each have different skin colors and the good orcs team up with humans to fight the bad orcs? That's the story they decided to make for this movie?

To be fair, there's a thematic elephant-in-the-room, since Wacraft 3 retconned the Orcs from mindless evil people to noble savage/hosed-by-demons. You want to use the latter (because if you're thinking Warcraft, you're thinking WC3/WoW), but this is set in the time when the Orcs were the blatant bad guys, so you kinda have to use the cliched-as-gently caress "good guys on both sides are ignored to commence with the fighting" story.

I don't understand why this movie is being made, comprehensively. WoW isn't the Game Everyone Knows And Plays anymore, its not going to get major butts in the seats, etc. And even if it was, the poo poo-but-enjoyable-poo poo isn't the Warcraft 1 poo poo.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 6, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jean Eric Burn posted:

This is still going to be the best video game movie tho probably.

They already made that.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread