Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Immortan posted:

The writing could've saved the Hobbit. :ssh:

And did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jean Eric Burn posted:

It's pretty remarkable how Warcraft lore really doesn't suit the 2015 fantasy landscape at all. I guess that's one of the problems with being in production for 9 years.

Post-Hobbit audiences are probably still at least a little soured on goofball fantasy.

Hobbit audiences loved those movies.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FreudianSlippers posted:

ASOIF has two different types of Elves though even if the Wood Elves are a bit extinct. That's a lot of Elves.

And Warcraft 1 doesn't have elves.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lurdiak posted:

I'm sure there's someone out there who thinks WH40k's terrible writing is "dope" because it makes nerds mad.

No, that's nerds who think the writing is dope.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Helsing posted:

I haven't followed Blizzard games since the original Warcraft III came out more than 10 years ago but aren't you guys forgetting the third Blizzard story cliche, "heroic leader sacrifices themselves to defeat the ultimate evil"? Or is that less common than I'm remembering?

Hasn't happened in Starcraft 2 yet to the best of my knowledge. Kinda happened in Diablo 3 but the heroic leader got better at the end.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

China goes fuckin' nuts over action movies with tons of CGI so this'll make bank over there.

Truly something unique to the Chinese.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It also probably looks better in a more photorealistic environment. Certainly more than cherry red.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kvlt! posted:

It's so bizarre to me that they are basing the movie off of Warcraft and not World of Warcraft. Why would you do just Orcs and Humans when you could have the Burning Legion, Arthas, etc plus all the cool races and stuff. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Orcs and Humans is the simplest story you can do in the Warcraft universe, and it allows you to build off of it and introduce Thrall et all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Frostwerks posted:

What's the latter.

Goblins, who weren't really affiliated with anyone until the last expansion or the one before that.

• Locked thread