Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lurdiak posted:

The writing and voice acting is pretty terrible, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch a movie that looks like that than a movie that looks like the Warcraft trailer.

Of course that would probably be like 300 million dollars more expensive to make.

Yeah there's been some pretty great cinematic game trailers in recent years, these ones were good fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuHWWC9xxmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

KidVanguard posted:

I think this will do really really well in Asia.

China goes fuckin' nuts over action movies with tons of CGI so this'll make bank over there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Transformers 4 was the third highest grossing film in China of all time, raising a major chunk of the $858 million foreign ticket sales and elevating the film into the billion dollar box office club.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megasabin posted:

He made Moon. Which was good, but that's it. I guess that one guy above us liked Source Code. He is no where near as big a deal as people make him out to be. Shouldn't matter to much as his career will likely be in the garbage after this.

There's probably a whiteboard in a back room of the studio somewhere with a big Venn diagram with circles labeled "Directors who have had positively reviewed movies which made their money back" and "Directors we can afford/push around" and Jones was one of the few names in the intersecting segment. Josh Trank's name was also in there but was crossed out. :v:

• Locked thread