Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Jean Eric Burn posted:

It's pretty remarkable how Warcraft lore really doesn't suit the 2015 fantasy landscape at all. I guess that's one of the problems with being in production for 9 years.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? I played WoW back in the day but I don't keep up with any current fantasy books/shows/movies so I have no clue why WoW doesn't suit the current fantasy landscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

It's so bizarre to me that they are basing the movie off of Warcraft and not World of Warcraft. Why would you do just Orcs and Humans when you could have the Burning Legion, Arthas, etc plus all the cool races and stuff. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They are planning to make this a trilogy lol.

I feel like the same thing that's gonna happen with "Eragon" is going to happen here: it's supposed to be a trilogy, first film comes out and then bombs so we never get another one.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Do remember that Warlocks also used to have a talent called 'Holocaust'.

So?

I could understand being upset if they called it "THE Holocaust" but they don't. It's an actual word that was used far before the Holocaust happened.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I just thought it was amusing in the context of a later perk being straight-up named 'Blood and Soil'.

How surprising, a game that often features racial-tension as a plot point would use a term relating to racial tension.

• Locked thread