Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If the movie is good, I will continue to praise David Bowie as father of wonderful.

if the movie is not good, I will blame the troubled, lengthy production, Sam Raimi, studio meddling and Chris Metzen. Then I will continue to praise David Bowie as father of wonderful directors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Megasabin posted:

Why do people also ignore the fact that Duncan Jones has only made one good movie and one lovely/mediocre movie (depending on who you ask). We have no idea if he was a one hit wonder or not. It's appearing that is the case.

Source Code was great.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p037bh6m?ocid=socialflow_twitter

How in the gently caress...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jamesman posted:

Why couldn't Blizzard just give us a full movie of their amazing cinematics? :(

a) Being good at constructing 5 minute scenes of cool stuff doesn't mean you're good at making movies.
b) They're expensive and time consuming as gently caress to make.

I've said for years a movie made in the style of Blizzard cinematics would be about as good as Japanese animated vidya movies like that Tekken film or Advent Children. ie Not very.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ufarn posted:

I imagine they've been cannibalizing on their cinematics division
Why in the gently caress would you think that? Movie studios have their own CGI departments.

ufarn posted:

which affects the games
No it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Judakel posted:

Even if it fails critically and commercially, no one will blame him.

David Bowie will.

David Bowie will be loving furious.

• Locked thread