Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

smoobles posted:

Wait is that an actual shot from the movie? That's some of the worst compositing I've ever seen

They look like they were literally pasted on, like Bruce Lee's face on a mirror in Game of Death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The CG style is the same as it was for the cutscenes in 2002, if anything Warcraft influenced those guys.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Dang, that looks very bad.

In fact, the whole teaser looks worse than some video game cutscenes.

e:

The sitting elves etc. on the right have a huge artificial drop shadow all around them in particular.

Corek fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 4, 2015

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Snowman_McK posted:

It's at a slightly different angle for every group. Goddamn. This is almost as bad as those Terminator shots.

The soldiers on the left and right are facing the same direction, but the ones on the left are parallel to the shadow while the ones on the right have their shadows to their side. How close is the sun in this universe, 50 feet away?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
#BringBackUwe

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yes, Warcraft will be saved by its writing.

I wonder if someone will become corrupted by power and betray the other characters.

That actually does happen this early in the series, with Doomhammer betraying Blackhand. (I don't think 20-year-old games need spoiler tags).

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

This is a bit Trap Sprung but I just noticed you got it backwards.

No, Doomhammer betrays Blackhand, kills him, takes his place as Warchief, and Metzen drew this to summarize it:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yeah. It's just that Doomhammer was the kinda heroic one, and Blackhand was the big jerk who got retconned into being a pawn of Gul'dan, so his betrayal doesn't really fit the kinda Blizzard cliche I was talking about, where everyone is either Saruman or Anakin Skywalker.

Why is so much of my brain space occupied by Warcraft lore.

I never read those retcons so I just remembered Blackhand as "placeholder 1st warchief before Doomhammer".

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Everyone pulled double duty on those games, even if they sucked. Bill Roper voiced every character in Warcraft I.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
In the original Warcraft the entire story was a bunch of lengthy prequel stories in the instruction manual starring characters that die before the game begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Asehujiko posted:

This is going to be a hilarious clusterfuck if they don't retcon the gently caress out of everything because it looks like they decided to cover Warcraft 2 as well and both characters they have chosen as their protagonists die very anti-climactic deaths before the ending of that game. One of them spends both games in exile for being too boring, the other does like two notable things in both games combined. That's like making a WWII movie with Leon Trotsky as focal character.

They're not covering Warcraft II, only Warcraft I. There's no other races besides Orcs and Humans in this one (it looks like there are a few elf extras in one scene).

• Locked thread