Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I'm still reeling from a film trailer in 2015 for a stupidly popular game franchise looking that bad, the CGI/live action just looks ...off.

The compositing is pretty rough, definitely. It's the mattes and set pieces that look off...the orcs don't look bad to me but the backgrounds look like crap.

Though, let's be honest: they HAD to use the retconned WC3 "noble savage" orcs. We already have a film franchise about a coalition of humans, elves, and dwarves fighting an army of rape-murderer orc monsters. The orcs being sympathetic is the ONLY thing Warcraft has to differentiate its story as a work of epic fantasy.

Warcraft 1's novelty was aligning the player with Orcs and with Humans for either campaign, and it only worked because the game mechanics distracted from the fact the Orcs are cartoonish fantasy villains. Translated to an actual film, you can't be surprised they'd want an accessible orc protagonist for audiences to connect to.

(If you want a story about fantasy genre bad guys being bad and loving it, pray for a Dungeon Keeper movie. Which I do. Because that movie would loving rock.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread