Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jean Eric Burn posted:

It's pretty remarkable how Warcraft lore really doesn't suit the 2015 fantasy landscape at all. I guess that's one of the problems with being in production for 9 years.

Post-Hobbit audiences are probably still at least a little soured on goofball fantasy.

People wrote off the Variety rumors from a few months ago about execs sweating bullets over this movie, but this trailer of a trailer certainly made me understand why they might feel that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Vermain posted:

I mean, they could put a tremendous amount of effort into it, or they could merely produce something passably bland enough that they'll rake in large profits from the power of the Warcraft Brand. You can just fart out a bunch of CGI orcs and the guy from Vikings onto a greenscreen for 90 minutes and make millions.

The amazing thing is that the production hasn't been a quick n' cheap cash grab deal, all trailer evidence to the contrary. This movie has a ludicrous budget, has been fretted over continuously for 8 years, and still came out looking like it was half-assed in every respect. That's the power of Blizzard

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLhI6CtS9gA

future plinkett review material spotted

• Locked thread