Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I haven't read it yet, but just the formatting is such a huge upgrade. And the charm cascades! It's so wild the base book doesn't have anything visualizing the charm trees.

Thank you for sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I was going to join a game with friends and was excited, but the GM realized he couldn't envision the campaign surviving the first combat encounter, and also the prospect of actually running the thing was stressing him out. We all agreed it was super fair.

I am really digging the savage worlds 50 fathoms campaign we are doing instead, but it would be cool to find a good exalted hack to play in the future. Has anybody made a good hack that lets you enjoy the setting without having to break yourself upon the rocks of the solar charm set?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I'm currently playing in a savage worlds campaign and it's been a lot of fun. I feel like it might be a good fit for an exalted hack, assuming you're focusing on the pulpier side of exalted shenanigans. There are some conversions out there but none of them feel definitive.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I think representation discourse is one of those things where an insightful and important criticism of culture at large runs into difficulty when used to evaluate or create particular works of art.

I also think ttrpgs are a place where representation is particularly powerful. Since the books are inviting people to imagine both themselves in a fictional world and a fictional self in themselves, making sure everyone feels inspired both to play and to play a wide variety of characters is very valuable.

Making it clear that disabled people should feel free to make their over the top power fantasy self also have that disability seems more important than flavor dissonance (that you can work around).