Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

System Metternich posted:

edit: ^^^^^^ lmao

The profile actually looks like a heraldic lion, though. They really just have never seen a lion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Jeanne Calment (1875-1997) met Van Gogh as a teenager and she remembered the construction of the Eiffel Tower.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

This turtle was likely born in the same year as the aforementioned Conrad Heyer. It died in 2006.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

cash crab posted:

What is this? I love it.

It's from the Onfim drawings Archangel linked one post before that.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Alkydere posted:

Honestly I never understood why that had to be audible/so loud.

Because the sound itself contains the information for the provider to establish an internet connection with the client. The louder, the more likely it is to be "heard" correctly by the receiving end.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
A former German Minister of Defense was called Karl-Theodor Maria Nikolaus Johann Jacob Philipp Wilhelm Franz Joseph Sylvester Freiherr von und zu Guttenberg by every newspaper you could find until someone found out that the Wilhelm was smuggled into the Wikipedia article as a vicious experiment. It proved that most journalists just copy-paste Wikipedia.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Entertaining movie, but not very accurate. Mozart might have been unreliable but he wasn't the effortless genius the movie wants him to be, and instead a super disciplined worker when it came to making music. Also Salieri was a highly regarded, uniquely creative composer and not at all untalented and envious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That was, essentially, the joke. Also that it's based on a play, rather than a historical account.

Ah sorry I didn't get that. There's unfortunately quite a lot of people who think it's an accurate movie. I even remember watching it in a music lesson in school with the teacher taking it at face value.