Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Anosmoman posted:

Their views on our generation will depend on the content from which social media platform will be best preserved.

The only survivor of the apocalypse will be Stormfront!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Frostwerks posted:

Not just that but it is exceedingly likely that medieval Bologna looked preeeetttyyy close to this back in the day:

Maybe not as many but there were unquestionably scores of them and it's because they're good vantage points and projectile platforms and Italians do everything as a family including fight with other families.

Well, it also had a lot to do with "mine is bigger than yours" trying to outdo the Jones stuff.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Samovar posted:

I can see why they didn't put THAT city in Assassin's Creed 2.

They did. One of the smaller cities you visit has a whole set of towers. Not quite as numerous as in the picture but every major noble house in the city had one.

[edit] It was San Gimignano.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Kennel posted:

We will be the last generation that remembers the world without Internet or mobile phones.

I'm sure quite a few people on this board can't even say that...

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Baracula posted:

The political divisions of Europe: not retarded

It has to be said that the division of Europe was due to the fact that Primogeniture was not the accepted method of succession back then. Every son was entitled to his little share.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I'm Crap posted:

That isn't so much a theory as it is a load of more or less unfounded speculation. I would also add that it seems from a distance like a cheesy attempt to shoehorn history into a simple-minded and unhelpful framework about EVIL EMPIRES and FREEDOM FIGHTERS, regardless of the facts.

Err, except it doesn't do that at all? At least not when phrased in the way he posted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

^^ you also have several other uralic languages like the sami languages and hungarian.

Decrepus posted:

If this was authentic damascus steel it would actually only weight 4.3 pounds hth.

is that more or less than 400lb of concrete?

Munin has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Feb 28, 2016