Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

djnkro posted:

I will not weigh in on the final results of the tournament, as it is not my place.

I will. Who died and made Susser God of Doughboys? Wiger said Fatburger wouldn't have made the tournament because it's "LA Regional," but it at least has 150+ locations worldwide. Shake Shack only has 66 locations, and half of those are either in NYC or the Middle East.

gently caress Susser, gently caress In-N-Out, gently caress Shake Shack. This tournament turned into a travesty. The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is going to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I will. Who died and made Susser God of Doughboys? Wiger said Fatburger wouldn't have made the tournament because it's "LA Regional," but it at least has 150+ locations worldwide. Shake Shack only has 66 locations, and half of those are either in NYC or the Middle East.

gently caress Susser, gently caress In-N-Out, gently caress Shake Shack. This tournament turned into a travesty. The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is going to suck.

I mostly agree.

So, As the long standing, undisputed expert on the podcast, I feel like I should weigh in on the recent episodes.

What a removal from form. These vegan/vegetarian restaurants are so insular. So divorced from the reality that is the fast food world. Who can identify with them?
I'm glad you are getting back to health, but I feel like this may be the end of the dough-road. Unless they can course correct asap.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Why do you keep calling yourself that?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

it's a Good Bit bmr (by my reckoning)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"I hate you making it seems to our listeners that I'm some kind of dumbass!"

"The things on the end of forks... Prawns?"

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I sure hope they get back to restaurants I actually know soon...

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've never been to one of these places but 38 dollars for ribs is nuts.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
So

As the longest running undisputed expert on the Doughboys podcast, and the leading gastronomer of the doughniverse, I feel like I should weigh in.
These last 3 episodes have been a complete aside. While the tournament of chompions was undeniably a high point for the podcast, Inevitably the response has been to swing the pendulum far, and fast to the diametric opposite side of the spectrum.

The Doughboys runs the risk of becoming an insular L.A-centric review podcast, which heavily relies on in-jokes.
It did not work for Mike and tom, and it will not work for Tiny Wiges, and the spoon-hound.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Counterpoint: I've walked/driven by Veggie Grill a million times and never once wanted to go inside because Chik-Fil A and In N' Out are 3 minutes away, but now I want to go to there. Because of the Doughboys.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

djnkro posted:

The Doughboys runs the risk of becoming an insular L.A-centric review podcast, which heavily relies on in-jokes.
It did not work for Mike and tom, and it will not work for Tiny Wiges, and the spoon-hound.

There are only so many large national chains, unless they branch out into smaller stuff, they'd have to start repeating places. The in jokes about star wars and Boston are great, and I don't think they are so inside that the casual listener can't follow. The last EP rants about Bill Nye were hilarious.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

djnkro posted:

So

As the longest running undisputed expert on the Doughboys podcast, and the leading gastronomer of the doughniverse, I feel like I should weigh in.
These last 3 episodes have been a complete aside. While the tournament of chompions was undeniably a high point for the podcast, Inevitably the response has been to swing the pendulum far, and fast to the diametric opposite side of the spectrum.

You should stop listening. And posting.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

djnkro posted:

So

Counterpoint: cram it

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I used to think a brain issue made djnkro post badly. Then I saw his own personal site and bad podcast linked in his profile and understood the depths of his unfunniness.

If anything, it makes me appreciate Doughboys all the more. Turns out I would rather listen to 2 comedy guys talking earnestly about fast food than a fat idiot struggle to be entertaining.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

djnkro posted:

So

Shut the gently caress up, you piece of poo poo. No offence.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

To the preceding four posters: go back to GBS. To all other posters, thank you for reading my post.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm loving the show's gradual descent into becoming "Mike Mitchell's No-Spin Zone."

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Reformed Pissboy posted:

To the preceding four posters: go back to GBS. To all other posters, thank you for reading my post.

That's a bit harsh.

Anyway, I quite liked the run of healthy chain restaurants. I don't think I worried about Mitch's well-being once during those. And Nathan Barnatt is a funny dude. Why doesn't he show up on podcasts more often?

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Turns out I would rather listen to 2 comedy guys talking earnestly about fast food than a fat idiot struggle to be entertaining.

So i'm entertaining. Thanks! And thanks for the link/support.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004

moot the hopple posted:

I used to think a brain issue made djnkro post badly. Then I saw his own personal site and bad podcast linked in his profile and understood the depths of his unfunniness.

If anything, it makes me appreciate Doughboys all the more. Turns out I would rather listen to 2 comedy guys talking earnestly about fast food than a fat idiot struggle to be entertaining.

Not really cool to slag off the guys podcast here just because you don't like his opinion of the hamburger reviews.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

but this is a comedy website and being a real oval office is super funny

so i have been lead to believe by posters on this comedy website

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

207-563-5532 posted:

Not really cool to slag off the guys podcast here just because you don't like his opinion of the hamburger reviews.

No no, it's cool. He figured out I'm trying, and fat. Both are things you should never be. BTW, do you have any similar constructive criticism for my wife? She feels bad that you didn't cyber stalk her. Or can we just go back to posting about the doughboys podcast?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

djnkro posted:

No no, it's cool. He figured out I'm trying, and fat. Both are things you should never be. BTW, do you have any similar constructive criticism for my wife? She feels bad that you didn't cyber stalk her. Or can we just go back to posting about the doughboys podcast?

poo poo, you call what you do trying?

Olive Garden tomorrow.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

djnkro posted:

Or can we just go back to posting about the doughboys podcast?

if you'd posted like a normal person after the entire thread indicated your gimmick was unfunny none of this would've happened

cams
Mar 28, 2003

WEH posted:

if you'd posted like a normal person after the entire thread indicated your gimmick was unfunny none of this would've happened

eat poo poo

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
this thread is surprisingly bitter considering it's about a show where two men talk about french fries

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The two men hate each other though.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

The two men hate each other though.

You sick gently caress.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, Wiger definitely likes Mitch.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Bunch of soup-less bitches in here.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I thought they'd like Olive Garden a lot more, I was so wrong.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

PupPup telling baby Spoonman to be wary of goblins.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The boys were on Harmontown last night, should be up on Wednesday for the non-paying listeners. Haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like a treat!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"How about this: #ComplimentsToTheBread"

"....NO!!!!"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/NickBossRoss/status/732313004881018880

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Calling Mitch "Racist Wario" right off the bat last week let me know it was going to be an exceptionally good ep.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
The Burger Boy's boner poo poo story. Wow.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jensen going to both iterations of Yoshinoya is great. I drove by the La Cienega one for the first time last month and was blown away by how nice it looked compared to all the other gross ones around town. Speaking of making GBS threads your pants, the Santa Monica/Western one he went to is a great place to take a poo poo if you're ever driving around Hollywood with bubble guts.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Jensen is cool.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Jensen going to both iterations of Yoshinoya is great. I drove by the La Cienega one for the first time last month and was blown away by how nice it looked compared to all the other gross ones around town. Speaking of making GBS threads your pants, the Santa Monica/Western one he went to is a great place to take a poo poo if you're ever driving around Hollywood with bubble guts.

I had no idea such a thing existed. I loved Yoshinoya growing up but it was certainly trash.

I've been catching up and so glad the greatest podcast is back in normal mode. Nick+Mitch not knowing how eggs work might be a new high for podcasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm not going to lie. I was just like them in assuming the rooster hosed hens and the eggs were babies. My excuse is that I'm a cityboy who shits in dilapidated Yoshinoyas.