Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't been to one in literally 20 years but It will have a place in my heart forever because i made a really gross (good) jalapeno and nacho cheese burger there when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Just listened to the Domino's episode, which features as a special guest one of the host's old roommates. Holy crap, listening to the two of them constantly snipe at each other was laugh-out-loud hilarious.

"Did he ever mush you into a basketball and dribble you?"

"Now Mitch that's not a very good question!"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm on Team Burger Boy when it comes to boneless wings and pizza place bread sticks. Cast them into the river.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Apex Rogers posted:

I like pizza hut. Love that stuffed crust. Neil Campbell's one-fork rating was devastating.

Yeah I get what he's saying but it wasn't really in the spirit of the podcast. I mean you can't knock something for being a chain restaurant on the chain restaurant podcast

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think the topping complaint is weird. How hard is it to say what you want on a burger? They are overrated and overpriced though.

Of course, I think In and Out is also overrated though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The last time I went I definitely asked my self "what did I just spend 9 dollars on." I don't think the burgers are as big as they were making them out to be either. At that price range I'd rather go to a bar and get a good greasy bar burger. That has the added bonus of being about to be drunk while I eat it. Also their fries are bad.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

djnkro posted:

Well, that's a given. Though I tend to agree. Better coffee, better non-plain doughnuts. Breakfast sandwich offerings.

All The KK has to offer is the hot out of the fryer plain. Which is magical, but not enough to carry a chain.

DD serves all prefrozen off site made donuts now. I think their coffee and peoples weird allegiance to it is the only that keeps them going

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I liked the part in the last ep when Mitch called Nick a loving idiot or something because he liked a different type of pretzel from him. I also liked the restraining order phone call.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He'll find a lady, I believe in him. #helpspoonmanjerkoff

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It kind of is the pie of soups

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I thought it was fine. It's very rom-com so if you have a low tolerance for that it's never going to work for you. Claudia O'doherty is charming as always in it, if that motivates any CBB fans to watch it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Harris Wittels would have been the best guest for this podcast.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

anotherone posted:

"It's pronounced 'Cheetos'."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Mike Mitchell is my hero.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My favorite running gag is how they go to tortured lengths to make a joke about how one of them fucks kids.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I liked the mini-sode, it made me laugh at the jokes.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
"There's another thing about me, uh, I can't say a lot of words correctly..."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
This is the best podcast

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Does anyone have the insulting fan art Mitch was talking about in the minisode?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Im not sure what I was expecting

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Maybe my favorite thing about it was that no one ever thought to say "drinks are down the sink"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've never been to one of these places but 38 dollars for ribs is nuts.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
this thread is surprisingly bitter considering it's about a show where two men talk about french fries

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Mike Mitchell is my hero.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like it but I like the pedophilia angle more, also the weird spider loving thing.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

In 2008 Barack Obama ordered something with arugula during one of those "candidate makes a folksy stop at a local restaurant to meet the people" appearances and the GOP tried to spin it as "This frou-frou elitist eats weird poo poo you've never heard of!"

Ours is a very stupid country.

You're thinking of mustardgate, when he asked for spicy (elitist) mustard. The arugula thing was when he complained about the price of produce and used arugula as an example, thus proving his elitism.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
"It was a foolish use of resources, and an unpleasant meal... But, "

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1p9IKbFoE

Here's the video that ended the Doughboys live show. I don't know how much they kept for the audio version but I'll preface it with this: Nick was about the end the show when Mitch said he had a surprise video for him and he was very genuine about how he's one of his best friends despite all the poo poo they give each other.

loving lol

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Did Del Taco have dinosaur themed boxes for their kids menu back in the 80s? I remember getting those when I was a kid but I don't remember the chains name.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I continue to be surprised at Wiger's inability to pick out food

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Unmerciful posted:

I think it's clear from this bizarre concoction that he should just stay away from all self-serve places as a rule

"Why do I have to do all this work! UGH!"

*sprays peanut butter goo on strawberries*

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Byer is the one who told the story about passing out drunk with a burger in her lap, then waking up in the morning and eating it, right?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm serous! These are like crack! Like crack!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Where's the episode, Burger Boy?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

They took Thanksgiving off.

Don't they understand that my sanity hinges on listening to a carefully curated schedule of free audio shows delivered to me free every week??

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I'm worried not out of entitlement but out of a fear that if either of them gets too long away from this podcast he'll realize 'wait...I'm doing WHAT' and bail.

It really seems like the gimmicks are what pisses them off, if they just stick to trying new places it probably wouldn't be bad at all.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Probably meant the Doughlympics and the two -fests, I'm not sure a running joke counts as a gimmick.

Yeah. I do like when Mitch is mad but I think for the good of the podcast he shouldn't be driving 45 mins to eat at the same Red Lobster 4 times in a month. He also said he started Weight Watchers recently on Gabrus's podcast, so that has me worried about his gross-food-for-comedy intake. Then again he did drink 6 beers in an hour on that show so maybe Doughboys is safe.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Even with their disgusting wet cat food tacos, Jack in the Box is 4.5 forks for me. Tons of variety, 20 year ad campaign that's legitimately funny at times, and the best, most original fast food sandwich on this Earth: The Sourdough Jack.

When I lived in a state that had Jack in the Boxes I had a hard time resisting those cat food tacos.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

yeah this is awkward and hilarious

It was among the funniest "two grown men whining at each other" or whatever Wiger called it last episode that I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

n8r posted:

Yah that's a fat guy problem it seems. I was thinking a drop with a megacut of all of Mike sighing heavily into the mic would be funny too.

There's usually a big fat guy sigh at the top of each episode around the time wiger says "welcome to doughboys,"