Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Waiting to see if it gets approved, but I submitted Mike Mitchell knows the guy who did the voice for buck the wonder dog on married with children to imdb trivia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I always want to side with Burger Boy but...between this, his proclamation that he likes BK's "Extra Long Cheeseburger," his indifference to Thanksgiving, and his preference of Cheese-Nips over Cheez-Its (Fuckin'....what,) I think I'm fully a member of Spoon Nation.

This, and lets not forget the bullshit he tried pulling on Mt Frymore. chili fries? Really??

Totally Spoon Nation.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Success!

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Wiger wins me over by pronouncing "Reese's" correctly...and then immediately goes on a two minute, fundamentally wrongheaded rant about how eggnog is bad.

Tsk tsk, Burger Boy.

Agreed. I really want to like Wiger, but he keeps loving it up. he will nail it maybe a third of the time. But then fumble over the most pedestrian task. I know spoon nation is like the Yankees of doughboys, but I gotta go spoon nation.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah, While I am still a firm member (Heh heh) of spoon nation (well isn't that special..) Boneless wings, and breadsticks are weak.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Neil Campbell quite frankly isn't qualified to guest on the podcast. For that I believe his review should be removed from the record. I consider this episode to be non-canon in the doughniverse. It will need to be revisited. Perhaps with a more professional/knowledgeable guest host. Such as Armen Weitzman.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Five guys episode was good, a great return to form.

I would agree with the review of Five guys. I live very near a five guys, and work very near the same five guys. I find it to be quite over priced, over hyped, and really clumsy. It's like an In n out wannabe that isn't as confident in their burgers, so they give you tons of customization options.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

I think the topping complaint is weird. How hard is it to say what you want on a burger? They are overrated and overpriced though.

Of course, I think In and Out is also overrated though.

I agree. It's a dumb argument to say you want your burger choices to be more narrow, I disagree with that point they made. My point is that it feels like they are attempting to make up for overpriced burgers with a toppins' menu.

Also, did anyone else get the feeling that tiny wiges burger boy is still reluctant to admit his error in shakegate? I think we here at spoon nation need to demand he read a prepared statement of our creation. Something detailing exactly how wrong he is, and how sorry.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

A Five Guys little cheeseburger is 4.50. That's not overpriced, that's the minimum you can pay for a cheeseburger worth earning.

Cool, lets compare to in n out burger. For under 7 bucks I can get a double double, fries, and a soda. Which is I'd say a top 10 fast food cheeseburger.

Now, lets get the small cheeseburger, small fries, and a small soda at five guys. These are current prices at Fresno CA

little cheeseburger 4.50
fries (small) 2.29
drink (again small) 1.99

total 8.78 cents

And that's not even comparing against the full sized cheeseburger at five guys.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
loving hell. Yet again, the spoon man speaks the truth, and in all honesty might have skewed his rating a little high for cpk. Then the consummate amateur tiny wiges the burger boy 100% misses the point, and puts up another failure of a review.

How do you treat the pizza at the cpk as some kind of non-issue? Really wiges? For shame on you. For shame.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Being the resident doughboys expert, I feel like I should comment.

This weeks episode was entirely lackluster. My shining lights were Tiny wiges the burger bitch chomping on the spoonmans flavor with his own drop mixtape, and the celebrity guest question from Armen Weitzman. Who is always a welcome addition to the show.

As for the choice in restaurant. While Krispy Kreme might have been an on the nose choice for the doughboys, the one note flavor all too sweet menu ended up being the achilles heel this episode. Leaving their almost sedated co-host to regale us with inside jokes and stories of the mythical oh so under-exposed UCB.

If you are a fan of the show, skip this episode. It was a misstep.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I am going to go ahead and guess that Mike Mitchell doesn't think Krispy Kreme is as "guud" as Dunkin' Donuts because he's from Boston and also wrong.

Well, that's a given. Though I tend to agree. Better coffee, better non-plain doughnuts. Breakfast sandwich offerings.

All The KK has to offer is the hot out of the fryer plain. Which is magical, but not enough to carry a chain.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah, being the resident doughboys expert here I'd like to give my opinion. All in all it was a good episode. The burger bitch pendulum is swinging the other direction, and he is finally finding his groove. The drops were great, the slow burn realization that playing an entertainment lawyers voicemail might be a bad idea was good, and I dislike popcorn as well. However, he is getting a little too energetic/confident on the show. He was talking over the guest, or often just dominating the conversation. If he tones it down a touch, spoon nation might just have a worthy foe.

That being said, Mitch still, as always knocked it out of the park. Being the smarter doughboy, and what is sadder than a fat man sneaking booze into a childrens movie?

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Quick Kevin post 3 times to push this guy off the resident expert spot.

Quality not quantity bitch.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Being the resident expert on the podcast, I feel I should weigh in on team burger brigade v spoon nation vis a vis the audio drop war.
I embrace the escalation of drop war, and hope that it continues to it's natural conclusion. An hour long podcast. 55 mins of drop wars, followed by a 5 min run down of some lovely chain fast food joint.

That being said, Wiges the burger bitch is still wrong, spoon nation for life.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
being the expert on the show. I feel I should weigh in.

Wiges the burger bitch is bitching out on the drop war. Who didn't see that coming. A clear victory for spoon nation.
That being said, he is working up his chops as a host, and kept Rusty on track mostly. However the gypsy silence moment showed his lack of professionalism.
Spoonman did a great job, and the guest was basically a more refined Armen Weitzmen. Likely their best guest yet.

Overall, I'd give the episode a 7/10. Not a good starting point for a casual listener, but good enough to get me into here commenting after their recent lull.
lets hope the tournament of chompions can keep the energy going.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

AS the local and undisputed expert on this show let me just go ahead and call everyone involved a "bitch" over and over for some reason.

Yeah, not even close..... This post is in no way professional, nor is it representative of tdbpc. 1/2 a tine

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

kidsam posted:

'what the gently caress?' - Mike "The Spoonman" Mitchell

History will prove me to be the expert that you need.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
loving tiny wiges the burger bitch. Ruining the tournament of chompions. How are you gonna bitch about a burger with bleu cheese, when you ordered it you fruit?
"Oh I think bleu cheese is bad on a burger. It's just too distracting... blah blah blah" Really? bleu cheese is too much for you? I move for a mutiny of the burger brigade! Long live Spoon Nation!

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

"Ok boy, I'm an internet cool guy. Check me out!"

Bleu cheese is delicious on a burger. Wiges can gently caress right off.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

manyak posted:

You keep trying to do the same bit theyre doing in the show in this thread but its not funny and you come off like a weirdo, take it to the earwolf forums or whatever

Dude, you need to calm down on this show.

As for the mini episode. It felt rushed, the lack of guests really hurt the show, and the spoonman delivered a sub standard performance. Wiges was on point, but still creepy. For a new listener I would give this 3/10

5 guys sucks

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Bedlam...

Do you see? I leave, and look what this podcast has devolved into... I have forsaken thee.

Reap what ye sow.

djnkro fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 18, 2016

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the long reigning resident expert on the podcast, I feel like I should weigh in on this episode.

It is amazing to see this level of involvement from outside sources on the show. I feel the the commissioner has done nothing but make the show more interesting, and elevated the tournament of chompions into a great event that I hope is carried over for years. Imagine the possibilities. Best fried chicken, best appetizers, best taco (looking at you Rubios)

Tiny wiges the burger bitch is finding his voice. Spoon nation may appear to be an unrelenting pursuer on the level of silent hill 2's pyramid head, or resident evil 3: nemesis's nemesis, But for once, you are moving in the right direction.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the long reigning expert on this podcast, I feel like I should weigh in on recent events.

While much of the tournament of chompions was absurdest, Wiger genuinely got upset about the treatment of In'n'out burger. This started the ball rolling. Which Mitch picked up, and ran with. Playing the burger baron masterfully. Tweaking him where appropriate, feigning anger, and openly mocking the tournament, and wigers weird revisionist history.

While the commissioner was a welcome addition to the show, he was only in quarter portions. The final episode ran long, and he overstayed his welcome.

I will not weigh in on the final results of the tournament, as it is not my place.

The most recent episode was great. I genuinely enjoyed the guest. Mitch was on point with his pedophile jokes. Though I feel like they gave the review a bit of a pass, due to being a shining example of vegan food. It's almost as if it got into the golden plate club, of the "special" Doughlympics. All things considered I would give this episode an absolute listen. It is a top contender for the "Episode to present to a friend/possible future listener" award.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
No bullshit about being the longest, most widely regarded expert on the podcast this time, I feel like I should weigh in.

This episode was fantastic. Great guest, tons of talk about cum, and being a pedophile. Nostalgia, and how Mitch really is a good guy.

If you want to introduce a friend to the show, this is the place to start.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I will. Who died and made Susser God of Doughboys? Wiger said Fatburger wouldn't have made the tournament because it's "LA Regional," but it at least has 150+ locations worldwide. Shake Shack only has 66 locations, and half of those are either in NYC or the Middle East.

gently caress Susser, gently caress In-N-Out, gently caress Shake Shack. This tournament turned into a travesty. The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is going to suck.

I mostly agree.

So, As the long standing, undisputed expert on the podcast, I feel like I should weigh in on the recent episodes.

What a removal from form. These vegan/vegetarian restaurants are so insular. So divorced from the reality that is the fast food world. Who can identify with them?
I'm glad you are getting back to health, but I feel like this may be the end of the dough-road. Unless they can course correct asap.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
So

As the longest running undisputed expert on the Doughboys podcast, and the leading gastronomer of the doughniverse, I feel like I should weigh in.
These last 3 episodes have been a complete aside. While the tournament of chompions was undeniably a high point for the podcast, Inevitably the response has been to swing the pendulum far, and fast to the diametric opposite side of the spectrum.

The Doughboys runs the risk of becoming an insular L.A-centric review podcast, which heavily relies on in-jokes.
It did not work for Mike and tom, and it will not work for Tiny Wiges, and the spoon-hound.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Turns out I would rather listen to 2 comedy guys talking earnestly about fast food than a fat idiot struggle to be entertaining.

So i'm entertaining. Thanks! And thanks for the link/support.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

207-563-5532 posted:

Not really cool to slag off the guys podcast here just because you don't like his opinion of the hamburger reviews.

No no, it's cool. He figured out I'm trying, and fat. Both are things you should never be. BTW, do you have any similar constructive criticism for my wife? She feels bad that you didn't cyber stalk her. Or can we just go back to posting about the doughboys podcast?

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the resident doughboys expert, I feel like I should weigh in.

These recent episodes of the Doughboys, have been a welcome return to form. With the resurgence of the burger brigade, pedophile jokes, the spoonman's new kittens, the dialing back on the stupid hashtag bit, and above all SOLID guests, I would give the last three episodes 4/5 forks. That being said, I think Wiger is missing a step with the drops, and we could really use another themed event ala the tournament of chompions/rockdoughberfest.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Hey guys.

So as the resident expert on the doughboys podcast, I feel like I should weigh in. To do so, I have taken some drastic measures.

I have moved out to the west coast, and began sampling some of their more contested food chains. Namely, In 'N' Out Burger, and Del Taco.

While I will agree that the Armen Weitzman special (Double Double animal style, add raw onions) Is indeed a delicious burger, well worthy of the platinum plate club, I would have to mark down the fries.
The fries are abysmal. They hold the under-seasoned potato flavor of the 5 guys fries. Without the clean crisp fry in peanut oil. They are soggy and heavy with cheap veggie oil. The wait is long, and the lack of options on the menu knock it back a touch. Though the value, and delicious burger put it squarely in the 3.5/4 forks range. Depending on the location.

Del Taco. I'll be brief with this. It's somewhere between Taco Bell, and Chipotle. Skip the burgers and fries, though they are passable. The chicken burrito/taco is a solid, much fresher version of the taco bell offering, and dare I say Chipotle offering. 3.0/3.5 forks.

djnkro fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 21, 2016

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the resident doughboys expert, I feel like I should weigh in.

Bug mane was funny.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the resident Doughboys expert, I feel like I should weigh in.

It was an okay episode, not great. I imagine it's tough to talk about Taco Bell for the third time. So that may be why it started off derailed.
They do need the fast food hook, but I agree with the guest. Some of the better banter has been non-food related. It just wasn't ever actual molestation related.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Taco time!
http://www.tacotime.com/food/

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

nick looks loving creepy

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Dear Doughboys and everyone else,

Dunken Donuts loving sucks.

This 100%

just find a decent ma and pop(pup) doughnut place. it's better.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Spooky Halloween season. Looks like Mitch has a haunted house.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

bartlebee posted:

goatse.wiger

For anyone who ever wanted to see wiger perform “The Monster gently caress” from Comedy Bang Bang, it looks exactly like you’d imagine: https://youtu.be/WH4sXVQ7a_w

Bonus point, internet edgelord maddox is getting hosed in the video.