Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Is "hutdog"/"pupcorn" a regional thing or a Spoon Nation accent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Mitch, as Nick, asking if "schools not in session or what?" is a new top 5 doughboys moment for me. What a funny podcast :)

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
The Seattle ep was really topnotch. This is what a live podcast ep should be.

Smells Like Preteen Spirit 🤤🤤

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats

Know Such Peace posted:

The auction was almost as entertaining as when they counted fries.

To me, that will always go down as the quintessential Doughboys segment. Poorly thought out, 100% doesnt translate to an audio format, and they seemed to realize midway through jusy how dumb it was. I give it five forks.

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
I’m a total Mitch apologist and also a Star Wars fan but good god do i never have to hear the man talk about star wars ever again

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
I can laugh just thinking about mitch’s clinton and homer. I honestly love when wiger and mitch do characters and improvise a little on the show, i wish it happened more often

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Bugmane doing Tambor is great

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats

First thing I thought of. Its definitely our guy. I’ve even heard him talk before (or may have been second hand) about how little he got paid for Love

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Yeah the Big Mac Coin moment is one of the funniest moments ever on Doughboys IMO. I really appreciate a silly-rear end Dont Stop or We’ll Die ep to have during this uhhh interesting time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats

Casey Finnigan posted:

There's one major problem I have with Blank Check: the ad breaks are awful.

They just go "ding dong" in a random place, and then do a never-ending bit that's not really that funny. It's almost impossible to skip over the ads because they sound like the regular podcast and there's no clear way to tell whether you're in the ad break or not. Drives me crazy.

I started listening to the show when i heard they had an episode about Heat with Gabrus and the first ad break i heard was so confusing because it is so “out of nowhere.”

Really fun podcast - I love contextualizing showbiz careers and behind the scenes factoids and that is a huge portion of what the show is, but i really find the ads too long and too frequent.