Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggMNWji6WzA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I used to think a brain issue made djnkro post badly. Then I saw his own personal site and bad podcast linked in his profile and understood the depths of his unfunniness.

If anything, it makes me appreciate Doughboys all the more. Turns out I would rather listen to 2 comedy guys talking earnestly about fast food than a fat idiot struggle to be entertaining.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Is this like the twitter thing of making the most disingenuous interpretation of what was actually said in order to make up a guy to get mad at online? I'm not planning to listen to the ep til later.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I just listened to the ep and I'm baffled at the xenophobia take. I think some of the Drunk History guy's jokes weren't landing throughout the ep (and not because he was like trying to be an offensive edgelord or anything) and Nick and Mitch were being good hosts by juicing them up a bit. It certainly wasn't them nervously laughing and pivoting hard after a racist comment or whatever that poster was framing it as.

Just so no one else is gaslit, the conversation is literally Nick bringing up the chain's founder was a South Korean emigre who started his business as a junior in college after getting a loan from his mother. The guest then jokes that that makes sense since he's as spoiled as the food tasted. So I guess if you don't understand spoiled means rich/privileged or if your mind somehow automatically equates spoiled as a derogatory byword for South Koreans, I have no idea where you get xenophobia from that.