Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

caligulamprey posted:

https://twitter.com/josh_levin/status/1165614546813427713

It was a bummer. Dollop used to be my favorite show, but Dave Anthony had to be all Dave Anthony about it.

Yeah that was ridiculous, Anthony knows what he’s doing is wrong but wants to be perceived as having done all the research himself. Even if he’s not bothering to request permission, he should have been listing all his sources at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Narrator posted:

Listening to some old eps. I forgot how completely manic Nick goes when they do the fry counting in the Susser Games

That sounds awesome, which ep is that?

I liked Wiger’s plan to ship his bed along with him when he goes on tour.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I like the main feed but the doubles are my favorites, especially the mailbags. The WWE cookbook ep was fun, and when they reviewed My Dinner With Andre.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

When a friend recommended the show years ago I gave it a try and wasn’t terribly interested in the long discussions with occasional bouts of humor, but when I tried again with newer episodes it’s like a different show with more energy and fun and Wiger being Wiger.

I’ve been going through the archive but sticking to newer stuff, is there a notable point when the hilarity skyrocketed? The 2016 eps aren’t bad but nothing compared to an attempt to use the WWE cookbook.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

Maybe Pizza Hut with Neil Campbell or Wendy's with Paul Rust? I like the earlier episodes, but these are two pretty silly episodes. I feel like it didn't take that long for both hosts to lean into their personas and bits.

Piquai Souban posted:

The Gillian Jacobs Taco Bell (4?) episode was when I *got it*.

Thanks! Downloading now

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wiger accused Sully of flying the Lolita express

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I like whenever Mitch imagines a scenario where Wiger dies, he has cartoon X’s over his eyes

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch was baffled by how people in Wisconsin are able to have sex

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch feared his neighbor looked through his bathroom window at 2am and saw him taking a shower fully clothed trying to get red wine off a cat.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

whydirt posted:

Speaking of live shows, i went to the Detroit show a couple weeks ago and if they don’t edit it out, there’s a very special audience question during the Q&A segment

The questioner who was drunk and almost got ejected? I liked that they thought Emma had screened his question and was fine with him wanting to come on stage and shake hands.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

whydirt posted:

He pulled a bait and switch because the question he emailed in was not what he did once he got up there. Nick and Mitch handled it well, but the crowd was super pissed at the rando dude.

Was he fall down drunk? He sounded really out of it

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickwiger/status/1224054797952638976

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Seattle will be Ezell’s Famous Chicken

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Heck yeah live show in Seattle in five hours. My buddy thinks Mitch will forget to play the drop but I’m guessing it will be terrible quality and go way too long.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch currently doing a solo Seattle show as Wiger hasn’t shown up yet

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The show was supposed to begin at 10pm but Wiger’s plane landed at 9:51, so Mitch came out alone to read the intro, roast himself, then play the drop. He then ate chocolate with the guest until Wiger arrived. Wiger had to eat the meal on stage.

The show owned, best part was an attempt to eat tossed salad and scrambled eggs that nearly resulted in Mitch vomiting.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch was going to accuse Wiger of having the coronavirus when he arrived, but when he tried to put on a surgical mask he couldn’t figure it out and knocked off his Pats hat. The guest called it unintentionally masterful physical comedy.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

the Insane Piano posted:

I'm sorry but it was Wiger who called it a "masterclass in unintentional physical comedy."

Ah good catch. The questions at the end were great, especially what video game food they’d like to eat, and Mitch was terrified Wiger would toss him around if he got hold of a super mushroom

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

During the Portland Taco Time show in a short time span Wiger claimed Bugs Bunny is a rabbit and Roger Rabbit is a bunny, then tried to get #WigerStrong trending. This guy’s outta control!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

little munchkin posted:

Do it ironically while watching an episode of The Simpsons: This Homer guy is so loving stupid.

I like the running gag Homer was one of Mitch’s coworkers

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Srice posted:

They're boys of integrity and I wouldn't have it any other way.

They can’t be bought!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch wished he poisoned Wiger and Jonah Ray, then the last sound from the podcast would be him laughing as paramedics gun him down

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/EvanSusser/status/1250938809874673665

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

I dont recall the jamba juice episode being very bad but my least favorite is the Chipotle 2 episode. That guest was straight up awful.

Edit also gently caress anything to do with Bug Mane. That was the first episode I didnt finish.

Oh yeah I spent too long trying to figure out why his gimmick was supposed to be funny, then realized he’s only there because he’s Mitch’s friend and moved on to the next episode.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I like the clumsy edits of Nick reacting to the drop he can't hear.

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/1254824575168217090

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I'd never heard Blank Check before but these guys are a delight. I downloaded their Robocop episode, hoping for the best.

Once I played Codenames with little cousins and they used kid moon logic to let me know I shouldn't guess the first two obvious words based on their clue, but instead I should guess the third and fourth best answers. This didn't work very well. Anyway that was what I thought of when Wiger messed up Family Food and had them begin guessing at the 8th most popular answer.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Cheers to the Dani Fernandez episode, she is hilarious. Jeers to the Hodgman episode, I did not care for his weird alpha nerd gatekeeping and trying to explain the concept and history of Doughboys to the Doughboys.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

WEH posted:

bugmane and Hodgman are two sides of the same coin and I don’t like either of em. zero forks I say

:same:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Costco ep is fantastic, I glanced down and saw it is nearly 3 hours and was happy. Wiger running Disneyland was hilarious

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch fears Kirkland spirits

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

turtleface posted:

Them doing "cheeseburger vs two cheeseburgers" still makes me laugh.

That was delightful, especially when Mitch misvoted and early eliminated Big Mac. Or how they didn’t seem to realize how many trips or how much food they’d have to eat. Or Wiger singing One Magic Doughment. So good!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Their DunkTown guest ep is fun. Mitch insists he voiced a drop that’s clearly Wiger.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch wanted to travel to 1969 to replace LSD with the Donkey Kong soundtrack at Woodstock. Wiger to take care of some business on Cielo Drive

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Hahahaha wow

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Our boys are guesting on Hello from the Magic tavern!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

crimedog posted:

They're also on Blank Check talking about Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

It's a good episode, I like Griffin especially when he's discussing behind the scenes details in an affable way. Although sometimes he's at a 10 and needs to bring it down to a 7, we heard your joke the first time you don't need to shout it five more times.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

New guest isn't winning me over by mentioning going to Harvard immediately, then complaining about their cafeteria quality. Kinda like how Hodgman will bring up Yale at every opportunity.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I liked her but yea fuckin big lol at 'I was so silly I didn't even know the Harvard dining hall chicken tikka masala wasn't authentic' as one of the first things out of her mouth.

Yeah she's a fine guest but it's super offputting when people can't stand the idea of someone not knowing their high status for even a second so they make sure to say it as soon as possible. I'm in the Seattle area and some techbros are terrible about "my name is Microsoft Q. Amazon, I can't stress enough how much money I make, where do you work?" When one guy wouldn't take multiple social cues to stop asking what I was paid I said a billion dollars and he got mad.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 8, 2020

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Breaking chews!
https://mobile.twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1328157206164893696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I took a decade off from Simpsons, watching the ep now to catch up with our boys... uh, what the heck happened to Marge's voice?