Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Huh, I was considering canceling my Patreon, but that's actually a pretty good response from the 'boys. In retrospect I could believe that the choice of guest wasn't 100% theirs.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry's Netflix and Chilled because of this episode and honestly it loving rips and should be a permanent flavor.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
The most generous read I have of it is that it's been a grass-is-greener thing for him and the treatment of "essential workers" during the pandemic gave him some perspective on the reality of the job.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

PantsOptional posted:

It's also very clearly about climate change in a very heavy handed way.

I'd be hard pressed to even call it a metaphor.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
From the marketing I assumed that 80% of the movie was going to be what we got in the first act. So when they cut to the hospital I thought the entire squad would be revived, not like three people :( In retrospect it isn't surprising that there wasn't much from the rest of the movie except the final fight in the trailers.

The monster design was pretty cool though. And it seemed pretty well directed for Chris McKay's first live-action film. idk i guess my verdict is that it's a well-made movie with a script that needed a rewrite or two.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm having a hard time figuring out if "eats dry buns" or "gets one spoonful of creamed corn in a takeout container" is the most insane thing we've learned about Wiger.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Marsupial Ape posted:

You’re the one trying to continue, dog. You’re invested, not me. Also, you broke like an angry child last night and called me a ‘liberal bitch’. That absolutely screams “raised by a bitter single mother and learned how to be ‘man’” from YouTube”. You’re pitiable.

ooohhhhhhhh I understand you now, you're one of those people too dense to understand that criticizing liberals from the left is different from criticizing them from the right. It's okay, someday you'll learn to understand nuance and context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
It might have actually been him https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320140/