Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

amy nicholson is a bad critic and why she continues to have upward career mobility baffles me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cams posted:

amy is cool you're all sexist hth

yes that is the only possible reason to not like someone's work

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Koholint posted:

Mitch is going to gently caress before this podcast implodes.

mitch will never gently caress

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

was there seriously an ad for a loving podcast about los feliz on the latest ep

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Snooze Cruise posted:

I agree with Mitch's opinons on the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's

this podcast got me to buy my first fast food meal in like six years and it was a spicy chicken sandwich.

i shouldn't have broken the streak

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Cloks posted:

Hey sports guy, you should listen to drat Yankees. And if you're a theater guy, check out the drat Yankees!

mitch can't go to that show. it features the devil

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

crimedog posted:

Holy poo poo, Sean asking Angel if they're going to get biscuits had me dying.

they're crack! they're crack cocaine!!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Drunkboxer posted:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/933406204570693632

If they say anything bad about any of these I'll be pissed!

torchy's sucks rear end

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Poopy Palpy posted:

Its own rear end?

Any rear end will do, Poopy Palpy.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

if you're this mad about regional texas breakfast slander, wait till i reveal that breakfast tacos are bullshit in a world where breakfast burritos exist

the best breakfast tacos are the ones which blur the line between taco and burrito

regular tacos remain superior to their larger cousins

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sexpig by night posted:

Austin is a dumpster, they want so badly to be NYC and they're so genuinely angry that Houston is becoming more and more overtly democrat and stealing their 'we're the one point of light in a cruel cruel red state' shine.

austin sucks and always has. deuces mother fuckers

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

is "everyone suddenly remembers mitch is dumb" a regular occurrence itt or does it just happen with star wars

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cams posted:

i am a big fan of how dumb mitch is, i post about it all the time

don't get me wrong, i love mitch with all my heart

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Grapplejack posted:

So cici's definitely wins this, right? No questions?

gatti's

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bath Tubs posted:

Mitch admitting that he makes sure his cats food bowls are filled up before he goes to bed just in case he dies of a heart attack in the middle of the night made me burst out laughing for like 5 minutes.

Bless his heart

he just wants to delay their eating his corpse as long as possible

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

xbilkis posted:

An adult should confidently know the toppings they prefer on a standard burger

regular ham burger: lettuce, tomato, mustard
cheese burger: lettuce, tomato, house sauce

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the proper way to eat a five guys burger is to throw it in the trash and go to your local joint instead.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JethroMcB posted:

I finally started on the Munch Madness episodes. The Mitch rant in response to Nick's "I goofed up and went to the wrong Little Caesar's! Turns out there's two on Vermont just minutes apart!" was something to behold and lived up to the hype.

Also are there any Aussie listeners in this thread that can explain the whole Tony Pepperoni thing? Claudia kinda glossed over why she refers to seemingly every pepperoni pizza that way.

i think that's just a claudia o'doherty thing. she invented a character named "tony macaroni" on a cbb episode

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Unmature posted:

If all the Postmates drivers in southern California made a concerted effort to keep messing up orders they could probably starve Mitch to death

new diet plan

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tacier posted:

If you want a window into the minds of these kinds of people, try an episode of Podcast: The Ride, a podcast about theme parks hosted by “four childless men who would rather enter the basketball court inside the Matterhorn than Christ’s kingdom of Heaven”.

pass

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Matt Lindland posted:

Going to McDonalds do you guys think I should get the hamburger or the special hamburger

mcrib is back!!!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

caligulamprey posted:

Jennie Pierson is a goddamn delight and 100% accurate in her McDonald's Fries is Bullshit opinion (McDonald's is bullshit in general).

Also: having lived the entire '90s in Victorville, why the gently caress are these obscure-to-the-west-coast chains opening up shop in loving Victorville of all places?

it's getting big now thanks to the film archive

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

finally listened to the sklar episode. i agree they suck rear end when they're clearly pivoting to their act and i wouldn't pay to see them do stand-up but when they're just riffing they are funny

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Drunkboxer posted:

Trying not to be annoyed at the suggestion to go to Red Hook for “real” greens, where I’m sure they’re normally priced and will go great with my 17 dollar pulled pork or whatever.

that guy was trying real hard to be a "good guest" and it backfired spectacularly

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jack allison posted:

mitch has never read this thread directly (tho he does read like every comment on reddit), but i used to read him posts from this and the comedy bang bang thread when we lived together

drat i missed this. hi jack, big fan of your work, tweets and indifference to burning bridges that absolutely deserve to be burned.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Is anyone here actually interested in listening to the Deli Boys?

big jewish deli fan here. gonna listen to the free episodes and/or pirate the pay ones.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the credits on imdb match up. five episodes season 1, eight season 2, then nine out of 12 in season 3. plus number four in billing.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i wonder if kevin pollak ever gets tired of answering questions about the famous people he's interacted with

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

allan mcleod is loving insane to not give waffle house five forks

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JethroMcB posted:

I've only had restaurant White Castle once and it was pretty much exactly like the microwaveable versions, for better or for worse. I personally thought it was pretty great (but not as great as Culver's, which I had the next night and legit blew me away.)

cheese curds (and culver's fried curds in particular) are about the only uniquely midwestern thing i miss

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

drunk history guy wasn't xenophobic but he did suck. resorting to prop comedy mid-episode is a weak-rear end move.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sexpig by night posted:

calling a slide whistle 'prop comedy' is an insult to how hilarious a slide whistle can be

it was funny the first time. it was not the eighth.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

maybe they'll make that podcast tolerable the way hayes and sean did with the don jon episode

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

soggybagel posted:

I like blank check but sometimes it’s more of a want fest than I like. Especially when they really went to the mat for the Fast series and talked about the integrity of Vin Diesel.

the fast series is great but the podcast is extremely boring. even the supposedly "out there" takes are tedious and david is a charisma void. i listen to movie podcasts because the film critic community is populated by rubes and shills, i don't want three hours of the same opinions i ignore in legacy media and blogs pumped up with vc money that will be dead in three years.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

xiaolongbao is not taiwanese food lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

nick is such a loving baby lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this is the second time nick has pouted his way into a voted down restaurant being re-entered in the tournament, right

indigi posted:

they really need to drop munch madness at this point, the themes are no longer coherent and they complain about how much they have to eat multiple times per episode for the whole month. I just feel bad for them. also it means more detailed food talk which is by far the worst part of the show since they do not have the vocabulary to discuss anything culinary

they could do half or quarter sandwiches and give the rest to a homeless person. there's so many ways to do the podcast where they aren't actively grinding off years of their lives

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 1, 2022

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mr. Squishy posted:

Your solution is Nick Wiger and Mike Mitchell to go around the streets of LA, handing out half-eaten sandwiches. Or would they get one of their production assistants to do it?

there are these things called knives

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i wouldn't trust any chain operation with a sous vide setup. proceed with caution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i don't know of any other podcast that has a playfully antagonistic dynamic like theirs without it teetering into collapse and failure. can't really be replicated when they're apart. it's why i listen, i sure as poo poo don't care about their food opinions