Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mitch knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wonder if they're going to leave Feral. A but before they left the Rick and Morty studio Nick saw something on twitter where the not-Harmon creator said "gently caress unions".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Dustin likes to party.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They're just very lazy and need someone else to set up mics. Are they too stupid to realize they could pay someone to set up their mics... who knows!
As for going to another studio, are the big two happy to let their shows have personal patreons? I don't know about Maxfun but Earwolf likes that the only way you can give to a show is to give to them and hope it makes its way.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sure but Dustin and Usong come round to run the board.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Everything's too big.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

On today's Hollywood Handbook they reveal that Mitch backed out of doing the show this week at the last minute because he went to the Super Bowl. I was already bracing myself for Spoonman's hot takes for the next 6 months, but now they're going to be even hotter.

https://twitter.com/BDayBoysMitch/status/959525768421285888

"If you're saying to yourself 'they should get out of Mitch's pocket, stop talking about the money he's spending', I've got something to tell you.... Mitch probably agrees!"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It is very difficult but can be done, not entirely satisfactorily.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

When the guest started talking about charisma, and pop stars, and how you can just play pop music and people will just start dancing, because of the infectious charismatic nature of the singer, was the longest windup to the least convincing compliment I've heard. It's not that I think he was insincere, just that he was crazy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, there's a slowburning argument about if the theatres should pay people for both performing and teaching. The counterargument is that the theatre wouldn't be able to do as much, and no one would get the opportunity. I think an article came out recently that got everyone talking about it again.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Advertising execs need to look at Doughboys because after always missing it when I’m in the Bay, I now definitely wanna drive to Burbank to finally try Ike’s.

They can look all they want but the Doughboys cannot be bought.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Wiger is attempting to kill Mitch, and the Doughboys is his weapon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lol what the hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlZDTru55g

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wonder which Birthday Boy Mitch wanted to say something about but didn't...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Even Gemberling's question "remember Asterix?" like you can't take it as granted that Asterix is a living presence in all our lives.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You thought Wiger ever liked Bug Mane?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That really is unflattering.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm so used to listening to Gillian Jacobs being given panic attacks by Scott Auckerman on CBB, it's very weird to hear her terrorizing Mitch in return.
Also, the golden paw club is classic clemdawg.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Here's Bugmane's video of it
https://twitter.com/bugmanetv/status/1014858155933741057

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

When's the next one?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

"Why is Jack Alison involved in this online fight" is not a question i would have thought to ask. Guy likes to fight online!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

talking about compensation is goatse.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

What? Is this double nonsense.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That's a hell of a cackle from Nick on this week's ep.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Marc Maron was very supportive of the Doughboy's bit, I remember. Apparently he even mimed having his hands tied up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's the apologising to the guest before, and afterwards, that I look forward to.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nick sincerely saying "I think the sampler is a fine entry if you're looking to getting into Cracker Barrel" was very funny.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The DC crowd were great. I think every single interjection was both funny and welcomed by the guys on the stage, which is basically a miracle. Maybe Gabrus uses stooge drunken unintelligible assholes for him to tell to shut up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Was it good?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't think he does, because surely he would have complained about us on Twitter by now.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Weren't they called out for plagiarism years ago.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He got a better job as an assistant to She Hulk.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nick's persistent shooting down Mitch's "healthy month" idea is a form of abuse, possibly even attempted murder. (not a lawyer)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mitch said that whatever McDonald's offering was a favourite of Harris', and Gabrus said that was one of his better opinions.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wonder which guests Mitch sincerely doesn't like.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It was a fan, immediately after listening to the Scales episode. Or so they claimed on Reddit. I believe them because the alternative involves Mitch doing work for the podcast.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wonder if he asked to do the podcast and they didn't want to say no. I don't believe for a moment that Nick Wiger had never heard of these allegations, he loves hearing about this stuff.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't think it is from corn, but from sugar cane or sugar beet. This stuff.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I started listening after seeing these and it is Nick who brings it up. I guess, what else are you going to talk about w/ someone who went to Harvard. It's the most interesting thing about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

oh is it? Well now I'm the rear end in a top hat, I thought he said she went to college in Boston or something and she was all 'well yes at Harvard'.

No you're remember correctly, but "a school near Boston" is Harvard. I counted it as bringing it up because it's such a thinly veiled euphemism.