Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
as a CBB fan I appreciate Bug Mane's intentionally bad character gimmick, but as a human being I had to turn off the podcast when they started taking about star wars again. considering just skipping ahead but I'm worried that they might start talking about star wars again later on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

n8r posted:

I LOVE FRIES

that was def. how a guy who hates fries would react when he gets called out

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the episode was really good

I like how in both taco bell episodes they begin by saying how much they love taco bell, then spend 45 minutes talking about how disgusting it is, then end the show by giving it really high fork ratings

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

djnkro posted:

Some of the better banter has been non-food related. It just wasn't ever actual molestation related.

Yea I listen because the hosts are funny, not because I actually care what the food at Chili's tastes like.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

I liked back before Adam Corolla alientated every person in entertainment when he'd go on random podcasts and tell his exact same story regardless of what the podcast was or was about, the only question being at what point he'd advise young people to buy a house with their friends instead of renting.

to be fair he does that on his own podcast as well

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

n8r posted:

They've already done Dunkin Donuts - at least somewhat - episode 66.

The telling the same story on every podcast reminds me of Hardwick talking about his Dad being a pro bowler. The last thing this world needs is comedians 'getting real' AKA talking about the biz and how they broke into comedy.

Artie Lange does the same thing with his story about buying cocaine while wearing a prosthetic pig head, but that's a lot better story than Bobby Lee's.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i just listened to the episode and lol at bobby saying "I was molested" and "can we talk about taco bell?" within a few minutes of each other and both of them coming off as complete non-sequiturs

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
every comedy that's not a Will Ferrell or Judd Apatow thing gets awful reviews no matter what so I wouldn't look to much into it. Wet Hot American Summer and Super Troopers got awful reviews as well. The only way to tell if a comedy is actually good enough is to wait a few years

a cat youtube posted:

Evan susser loves Steak 'n Shake and the image of him, wiger and Mitch ordering multiple pizzas from different chains all in one night and the delivery dudes seeing one another is still one of the funnier things on the show so , so far so good

my favorite part of the doughlympics was when Susser forgot to heat up a bunch of frozen convenience store food for his segment, so the hosts had to stall for five minutes while he microwaved them, then he came back but everything was still cold

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ManoliIsFat posted:

Idk my dude. On one hand I totally feel you, but for some reason I don't think Fist Fight is gonna have the quirky weirdness of a WHA, not certain this one is for the comedy nerdy. Unless I hear good things from Work Friend Kevin, I'll catch when it hits cable.

oh yea i do think the trailer looks bad and I have no intention of watching it, just saying most comedies have lovely reviews and trailers regardless of how good the movie actually is

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cams posted:

i turned on susser this episode. every other ruling he introduced i found acceptable, this one was absurd.

The scandal was so out of control that susser's hands were tied. He had to do something, people were already referring to the scandal as "mitchgate".

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Just got to the part with Mitch's switch at the end. Not a fan at all. Hopefully the commissioner steps in.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

i would enjoy this show a lot more if they somehow got armen in every episode
same but bug mane

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
just listened to the munch madness finals and had a lot of laughs. I wish Evan Susser would go on more podcasts and attempt to derail them as much as possible

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
still can't believe mitch didn't know what an elbow was

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

n8r posted:

Mitch was ashamed of the fact he only ate 45 nuggets.

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Tatumje posted:

Lmao. They celebrate their 100th episode with a borderline unlistenable experience instead of their most requested review.

i'm really upset as well for not getting an episode where they talk about how disgusting mcdonalds is, get derailed by star wars and/or mitch's self-esteem issues, then rate it 4.0 forks

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
a few seconds into the drop during the power hour episode, you can hear mike say "sorry" really softly to the guests

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

FitFortDanga posted:

How does anyone tell Sean and Hayes apart? They're doing the exact same shtick with the exact same voice.

i can tell them apart but after months of listening im still not sure which voice is sean and which is hayes

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
malataph cuctail

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
nice guests for the live eps, gabrus is consistently great and I'm looking forward to getting 3 eps worth of Susser derailing live shows

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah I was pretty sure PFT would never be on this podcast. It seems exactly like something he'd hate.

he's a former fat guy, so he's probably got something interesting to say about food

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol at Dave Matthews Lap-Band

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

I'm getting real tired of Mitch

i think mitch is good, op

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cams posted:

what are your guys' favorite episodes for mitch's rationalizing his awful work ethic and consistently terrible decision making?

i like the tournament of chompions chicken fight mcdonalds vs panda express where mitch tries to argue that it was actually fran gillespie's fault that he only gave her 2 hours notice to eat for the podcast. he also tries to blame nick for it.

also the second in n out episode where mitch didn't book a guest for the final week of his "sinister six" gimmick and he goes off on a long rant about how hard it was for him to book guests for 6 weeks. he also blames wiger for this.

any episode where mitch says he was 20 minutes late for something, then nick says well actually you were almost 40 minutes late, and then mitch is like well yea but I only left 20 minutes late, the traffic was worse than I expected

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
also just listened to the episode from a few weeks ago where it takes mitch 3 minutes to find the drop he wants to play, then the drop ends up being the seinfeld theme in it's entirety

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
it's so loving bizarre how red lobster, the multinational sit-down casual seafood chain, manages to be Actually Good

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The following sports bars were reviewed during sports bar theme month

1. Yard house (not a sports bar.)
2. ESPN Zone (Disneyland theme restaurant but technically a sports bar.)
3. Medieval Times (not a sports bar, barely a restaurant)
4. Red Lobster (not a sports bar)

it's some bull poo poo for sure

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the shrimp episode was peak doughboys for sure.

my favorite part was the waitress saying "oh, that's funny" when one of the HH guys (despite listening to the show i can't tell them apart) said he ate 69 shrimp

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Wiger sounds like Vincent Price at the end of Thriller when he laughs really hard and I love it.

i like how much he audibly perks up whenever he's talking about cum or jacking off

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

Nicole Byer is great.

yea

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
#dustindustup :stare:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cams posted:

mitch is a dumb guy

i think mitch is good

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Popete posted:

Audience questions continue to be insufferable.

The only good audience question so far has been that one guy who didn't actually have a question but just wanted to bring up Nick sucking his own dick

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

That lady who asked the poo question was like a cartoon parody of a drunk woman.

just listened to the episode and lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
*long pause* I love it...

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
mitch is better than wiger. sorry if this offends anybody but facts don't care about your feelings

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i've decided to copy Nick and start saying "brew-dog" with an uncertain level of irony

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
*voice of a guy who listens to a podcast about hamburgers* I too think that guy should have been poor for longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/RamDangle/status/973234515031273474