Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
For some stupid reason I didn’t realize until about a month ago when I first gave this a listen that the hosts are both comedy dudes who have done stuff that I like. Until then I thought it was just two schlubs so I never gave it a try. It is good and I’m listening through the archives. It always cracks me up how they still refer to Unkar Plutt even years after TFA came out. ONE QUARTER PORTION

Also being from the Midwest the Steak N Shake episodes are a rollercoaster of emotions but in the end I agree with their final assessment. loving shame shame SHAME on you, Biglari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I like that Mitch actually used the term “I am so steamed” in a sincere way and not ironically in the Pie Hole episode. Him getting pissed about Wiger’s differing opinion on some lovely chain restaurant is always hilarious

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I listened to the Great Shrimp Off ep with the Hollywood Handbook guys. Started out great with Wiger pissing Mitch off by wanting to order a salad and extra soup, ended great with Wiger getting Mitch very pissed by only eating 20 shrimp in the contest.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
One of the funniest drops in recent memory was one with Wiger saying "HEAT UP SOME LETTUCE IN A SAUCE PAN" over and over again to music

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I'm late to the party on Doughboys so I'm skipping around and experiencing stuff that many of you already have but man I think Mitch listening to that Jackson Browne song every year on his birthday is some really sad poo poo. Good lord

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Besser is funny and his interaction with Mitch is hilarious. An exasperated older brother/mentor. I like the UCB stories too. Also hilarious is how Mitch throws out most of the donuts he got for the review much to Besser’s chagrin

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Matt Lindland posted:

I can't imagine being excited about their extremely salty butter sandwiches.

It’s because uuuhh... uuuhhh... Quincy, baby!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If your friend likes Birthday Boys pick one where the guest is a Birthday Boy. That got me into it

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

I loved Lapkus and Gabrus on Doughboys, and I'm loving crazy about TV history, so I gave Raised by TV five episodes' worth of a chance and woof, no thanks

I liked the Scott Aukerman ep and the wrestling one was kinda fun but it’s all over the place and I’m probably not going to listen to any more unless I’m really hard-up for something to listen to

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
As a Midwesterner the Steak ‘n Shake episodes are difficult but important

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

gently caress Biglari, just gently caress him to hell

He doesn’t get it at all and that’s just a goddamned shame. On the plus side, i didn’t even know that such an injustice was happening. Steak N Shake has still been good whenever I have gone in recent times. I haven’t been home in a couple years and I’m worried that when I go this summer and take my wife it’ll suck.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I enjoy Bobby Lee interviews but Betsy Sodaro is just a bridge too far

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Nick seems to describe most things in his life as fun

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Wiger is clearly a robot because he reacts the same way to his burger order possibly being wrong as someone would to reading a letter telling them they were switched at birth and should have been nobility but due to a careless clerk, their lives were very much not as things should have been

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I don't know about anyone else but Bug Mane's Anakin Skywalker impression is haunting me

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m hoping the whole thing will be up on the channel later. I can’t watch until after work

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
And then he did a backflip off a chair. Gabrus is pretty amazing

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m really just dying to know one thing from an insider. Where is Mitch from? He’s never mentioned it on the show!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Mitch being lovely to Wiger is great, though. Usually Mitch is the one getting ganged up on so it's a nice turn.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

NienNunb posted:

It's hosed up, how Wiger eats the shrimp tails.

Eating the shrimp tails and shells is super common in Japan. I don't get it. The taste of the shell overpowers the delicate taste of the meat and ruins it. Speaking of Japan, it would be really cool to take Mitch and Wiger to my favorite Japanese fast food chains and I think they'd have a fun time with it.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
It’s kind of a lovely idea but I’m totally down for the second episode of the tournament when they start to hate it and admit it was a lovely idea but Susser makes them slog through it anyway.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
On the other hand you would hear stories like how he thought a Mickey Mouse doll grabbed his arm when he was a kid

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
You know I couldn’t really imagine what a Cum Santa would look like but that is, in fact, a Cum Santa

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Mitch absolutely losing his poo poo when Wiger suggests that they should move Alexa off the table was so loving weird and hilarious

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Quixotic1 posted:

What episode was the spoonman on for CBB?

The Birthday Boys were in an episode with Marc Maron. Other Birthday Boys members have been on plenty of times, namely Mike Hanford. Scotty was talking about him being on a live tour ep so maybe look for that in the stitcher premium app? I don’t have it so I don’t know how easy/hard that is.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That pic reminds me. A bit ago I had an interaction with Mitch on Instagram that I can only describe as everything I wanted it to be:

E: nevermind. Fixed it

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 11, 2018

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

soggybagel posted:

The aukerman episode was very funny. And I love how Wiger didn’t recognize he does talk so loving loud.

He’s a good podcast guest and his stories about his childhood are usually pretty funny. His stories that he told on Raised by TV about how he was a massive dork who was addicted to TV are hilarious.

Don’t listen to any other episode of Raised by TV though. It’s not very good.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah it’s stuff like that that makes me think “Man Mitch is 100% not playing a character”

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Alright let’s see how far into the new episode I can get before I can’t stand Betsy Sodaro’s voice and have to turn it off

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Not really a big Kevin Pollack guy but the level of discomfort I imagine Mitch experiences doing his intros in front of him makes this the most anticipated ep of the year for me.

Woah I’m totally down for this. Kevin Pollack seems like a dude who would thoroughly not get the show and make things very awkward for the boys

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah I stand totally corrected. He was totally into the whole show and all the dumb poo poo they do so credit goes to him

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Jesus.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m interested in seeing his “Sunday service”

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I like the idea of Wiger being forced to do a full week of shows, though

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Mitch having the whitest possible take And liking soft corn tortillas the least was predictable but I still heavily rolled my eyes when he said that. Great guest though!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I have a feeling that’s just going to be a shitload of bad licensed games

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
No one’s mentioned it yet but the Sonic movie trailer is great because it has upset a lot of people and knowing Susser wrote the movie adds a new hilarious dimension to it.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

Every time Wiger talks about how he grew up in a Pepsi family or how he drank six RC Colas a day I think to myself "...yeah, that makes sense."

loving weirdo.

He was a Sega kid too, right? Sega kids were always dumbasses

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Oh big surprise California boy Scott didn’t like White Castle. gently caress off, Aukerman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m trying to imagine Wiger’s face when they were called out and I think it probably wasn’t as shocked and concerned as in the Bug Mane video where they get the wrong burgers at a restaurant.