Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Mitch thinks cupcakes are pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
It’s okay to feel uncomfortable sometimes. I thought it was a very reasonable discussion. Good on Joey for having the guts to call them out like that.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Sure, but it also sucks for the person who this happens to all the time to be expected to address it in private to minimize the number of other uncomfortable people involved. At least this way it can be an object lesson for others to hopefully avoid this kind of thing in the future.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Alana Johnston is a lot, but I find her delightful. I like the guests that engage enough with the show to take it over.

Christine Nangle and Fran Gillespie are also great, and maybe a little calmer than Alana.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That JK Rowling joke made me laugh as long as Wiger.

I love these idiots and how seriously they commit.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
How can they top McDonald’s Cheeseburger vs 2 McDonald’s Cheeseburgers?

I really look forward to seeing them try.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
How many ounces of stolen sugar syrup would that have to prevent to be worth the tech and the extra trash?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
You guys act like you’ve never heard a Susser milkshake episode before!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The only hint I’ve heard of Heather being unhappy is when she gave in to the killjoys who hated the Resident Evil merchant bit.

Otherwise I love how passionate she gets about games in her wheelhouse, even if Fortnite isn’t really my thing.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I think they were saying “if we couldn’t use AI then we wouldn’t have done it” because they don’t care enough about the bit to do it properly. They’re not taking money out of an artist’s hands because if they had to pay money for it they’d just choose not to do it at all.

It’s still theft and I’m glad they owned up to it, but I get what they’re saying.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
They probably deserve some pirating.

You’re taking something from an artist for free because it’s not important enough to you for you to pay for it. If you couldn’t have it for free you’d just opt not to have it at all. Either way money wouldn’t be going to the artist.

If they put AI art on merch I’d be more pissed but I don’t think this is putting anything extra in their pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love these idiots.